Keeping Up with the Kardashian’s New Show & What’s Coming Next

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

The first episode aired on April 14 and was a refreshing view on how each of the family members is doing.

The Kardahsians have been a well known family for over a decade now, from their hit show Keeping Up with the Kardashians, to their first clothing store Dash, and their modeling careers, the Kardashians and Jenner have been one of the top families discussed in the media channels over the years. However after 20 seasons the family had decided to take a step away from their lives being on display 24/7. In February the family posted a promo clip of their new show The Kardashians, which is now airing on Hulu. The clip got fans excited for more of what is to come with the family. Here is everything that we know from the first episode of The Kardashians and what is to come is this season.  

The Kardashians decided to step away from reality television as it became draining and they all needed to work on themselves and on bonding with each other again. The first episode aired on April 14 and was a refreshing view on how each of the family members is doing. Since Hulu has now taken over the filming of The Kardashians, even the show has a different vibe from their previous one. This new style is different from their; the filming style is more modern rather than their old filming style which brought us old family VHS videos memories and sisters walking in on each other’s interviews. From what we can tell so far this new show has a more positive vibe and a lot of drama to come. 

In the first episode we see Travis Barker and Kourtney together in a relationship. All of the sisters had seen this coming; however Kris said she was very surprised with the news. Kourtney and Travis are deeply in love and viewers got to see that live on social media before the show’s first episode ever came out. On social media we also got a glimpse of Travis proposing to Kourtney and hearing that the two love birds are wanting a baby together. Social media has brought a lot of information to our attention. However, watching the show we now get a better understanding of how things happened and hearing their side of the story.  

Speaking of love, in the first episode we also see Kim preparing for her appearance on Saturday Night Live. From social media again and fans  watching SNL,we know there is a romance between Kim and Pete Davidson. Before the show aired Kim and Kanye West had finalized their divorce. We know that in the beginning of their divorce everything was fine. When Kanye saw Pete and Kim start hanging out more is when Kanye took to Twitter and was not so silent about how he felt about their love distance. Viewers are hoping for a deeper look into how Pete and Kim are, how their relationship came to be, and what is going on with Kanye.  

Before this show came out, we knew the Kardashians as a family with secrets. The Kardashians like to have their private life, as they are entitled to one, however this season has been more public than before in their past seasons. Kylie Jenner has not been quiet about her second baby. In the first episode we see Kylie and her big baby bump. As this show was filmed at the end of last  year we now know Kylie gave birth to a healthy baby boy. In the first episode Kim had predicted Kylie was going to have a boy just by looking at Kylie’s stomach and just saying she had a feeling. Kylie and the rest of her sisters are amazing moms as well as Kris Jenner. Kris has been doing amazing work as they had the time off from their previous show. Kris helps her children with their various companies including Kylie Cosmetics, Kylie Skin, Skims, Good American, 818 Tequila, and KKW beauty, and many more. As a mom with six children, Kris is the ultimate momager helping her children in any way she can.  

All of the family members have been through tremendous heartbreak through the years and we got to live it with them. There has been life and death, cheating, stealing, lying and it has all been painful and heartbreaking for them. In Keeping Up with the Kardashians we got to witness Khloé giving birth to her first child with Tristan Thompson. We also got to see that Tristan had cheated on Khloé only a few days prior to her giving birth to her daughter True. That news absolutely shattered Khloé and then we come to find out months later that Tristan once again cheated on her with Kylie’s best friend Jordan Woods. As Khloé has been through this heartbreak along with trying to co-parent her daughter True, it has been extremely challenging. We see in the first episode and the promo that she is still trying to figure out where her and Tristan stand. Khloé is afraid to get hurt again but it is not easy to throw away feelings for someone you brought a child into the world with. 

This new show has a lot of people shocked as we were not all expecting to get another glimpse into their lives once again. It is thrilling to see what is to come after hearing rumors on social media and finally getting to know what is true. The family has been through so many ups and downs and we have got to see them through all of it. I think viewers are hoping for clarity as we have all heard and seen so many things over the past few months it is finally exciting that we all get a second peak through the Kardashians lives. 

Kelly is a senior at Lynn University. She is currently studying Psychology in hopes of becoming a therapist. Kelly spends most of her time at the beach or listening to music. She loves helping people and learning new things everyday!