This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Are you currently enrolled at a college you don’t feel attached to? Are you looking for more experiences or perhaps a different environment? If you answered yes to the following questions, then you are in the right place? As a sophomore in college, I understand how overwhelming the word transferring can be, but don’t worry! I got several tips if transferring has been going through your mind.

Reflect Your Decision

It is first essential for you to think about the reasons why you want to transfer. Explore your interests and talk to people close to you about your thoughts. They will always give you the best advice about whether it is the best decision or not.

Start Searching

Begin your college search and write three colleges you wish to transfer to. When you are searching for schools, keep in mind what you are looking for. Does it have student involvement? Where is it located? Do you want an urban or isolated area? Compare and contrast your options and stay with the three you like best.

Meet With Your Advisor

Schedule an appointment with a  transfer advisor. They are the best people to reach when talking about academic, financial, and admission questions. Address your situation so they can guide you through the right path. They are also a big help regarding credit transfer.

Make a List of Requirements

After talking to your advisor, make a document with everything you need to apply to each institution. This is a great guide to help you keep yourself organized with deadlines and documents you need to make this process easier.

Apply

Now that you have everything in order: apply! Make sure you meet every deadline and upload all of the requirements. You have made it through the most challenging part. Now everything you need is patience.

Transferring to another college doesn’t have to be stressful. Make it fun, and just think of all the good experiences you have ahead! Take the best out of it and keep in mind that everything falls into place at the right time.

Cinthia is a Sophomore at Lynn University majoring in Graphic Design. Originally from Nicaragua, Cinthia decided to study in the United States while remaining in close proximity to her native country; thus, she chose to pursue her education in Florida. In the future, she aims to represent the visual identity of different brands and organizations. Besides her academic interests, Cinthia enjoys photography and hanging out with friends.