This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

A little bit of love can go a long way. Sometimes smiling at a stranger can make all the difference in their day; you can do something with a family member or friend to show them you care. If you look close enough, you will always find some source of love. It is in the air and all it takes is thought and kindness to show someone they matter to you or that they have a place in the world.

With February around the corner, it is time to open your eyes and buy some flowers. Whether you choose to be with the bros or gals, that special someone, or families, don’t forget to sprinkle some special affection into a gift or something special for your special someone’s. 

The people in your life are there for a reason, and it is the thought that counts. Remember to go out of your way to do something special and show love not just on a day where hearts are hanging from store ceilings, but everyday through small acts of love. 

“Love is such a powerful force. It’s there for everyone to embrace-that kind of unconditional love for all of humankind. That is the kind of love that impels people to go into the community and try to change conditions for others, to take risks for what they believe in.”

Coretta Scott King

Love can be found anywhere, and the people in your life should be there because you love them and they love you. It is the little things in life, like waking up to see the person you love, showing up for someone when it counts, or simply knowing someone is there to support you that allows love to grow in our day to day lives.

You love yourself by knowing your worth, and relationships can be broken if someone does not treat you right. Give yourself the love you deserve, and just because you love someone does not give them the right to treat you incorrectly. Give yourself time to show yourself love the because you deserve the same affection as those around you who you show love to.

Andrea Sofia Berman is a creative writer and Education major. She is passionate about children and helping people. She loves to use creativity to express herself, and hopes to spread positivity through writing.