This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Who do you say you are?

“A peasant.”

Why do you say that?

“It’s how I feel.”

Do you truly believe that?

“I guess.”

We often appeal to the bad before the good: “I am ugly. I am weak. I am delusional. I am worthless. I am foolish.” And the list continues, unraveling into misery and grief and disgust. We use the most abhorrent I am to identify who we are. We create someone we’re not. We become our worst enemy.

I am sure you agree. You did it right before reading this. Yet you claim you love yourself? Is hatred the new love? How did you accumulate such darkness? Are you your own beast?

Quit.

Now Breathe. Deeply. Feel who you are. Change the narrative. Become her once again.

Graciously and intentionally declare: “I am peace. I am courage. I am strength. I am beauty. I am rarity. I am worthy. I…am love.” Let these affirmations echo.

You were given purpose and life and hope by the great I AM. Reflect on that. I need you to absorb the power of these words.

Do you believe it yet?

Silence the enemy. Cease its pulse.

Try believing again. I know you can.

Finally, you did it. Do you feel the breath of life bolting through your veins, propelling into your heart? Freedom–the sweet aroma of freedom.

I am accentuates your light. It blinds obscurity. It creates vision. Do not trap yourself into believing the false I am. You are a lioness. You are a legacy. You are her.

Be that and only that. You are pure gold. Gold stays true to itself. Gold doesn’t fold under pressure. It was not made to be ruined.

Let’s try this again.

Who do you say you are?

“An empress.”

Why do you say that?

“It’s who I am.”

Do you truly believe that?

“I know that.”

Look at you. You are the essence of growth. You believed in your true I AM.

Make this your mission. Ask yourself the difficult questions. Say the difficult answers. Commit to self-reflection. Then go into beast mode. Turn her up loud. Feel the beat and dance to it.

I am rooting for you.

She shows the world who she is and what she's made of by sharing her perspective and values, emerging into a global statement. She embodies leadership, peace, and integrity. Ultimately, Bailee is the Chief Executive Officer of her legacy, growing with undefeated passion.