How to Plan Your Next Disney Vacay: Tips from a Floridian!

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

There are so many things to do at Disney. With four amusement parks, two water parks, and a shopping and dining area, there is tons to do for the whole family! But how do you know you are making the best choices when it comes to spending money? I have been going to the Disney parks since I was very young. It’s practically my home now! I know not everyone is as fortunate as me to live in the sunshine state, so today I am going to give you some tips and tricks for having that magical Disney vacation that we all dream about.   

First, let’s talk about hotels! The reason I mention this first instead of the parks is because if you plan on staying at Disney for more than a day, you should plan out which hotel you are going to stay at. If you want to save more money, I recommend staying at one of the All Star Resorts because they are the cheapest on property next to the Old Key West Resort. They still have fun decorations but not a lot of immersive theming like the others. If that is what you prefer, go to one of the four deluxe resorts on the Seven Seas Lagoon. Of course, I am referring to Wilderness Lodge, The Polynesian Resort, The Grand Floridian, and the Contemporary Resort. These are more special and cost way more amounts of money. So, only think about these if you are going for a wedding, graduation, or other celebration.  

Next, you have to plan which parks you are going to. If you really want to feel that Disney magic, stick to just Magic Kingdom or Animal Kingdom or even Hollywood Studios. In my opinion, these three are the best for an overall experience. If you want to venture out to the other parks during your time here, that’s fine as well. Please remember, no matter what park you go to, when they first let everyone in, everyone will be rushing to the more popular rides. My trick is to ride the least popular ones first, and have an early dinner. Do this because when everyone else is having dinner, the wait times will be lesser, on the more popular rides and that can be your time to go. My family and I have been doing this for years. Please trust me when I say that this is the smarter route!  

Similarly, you have to also pick a restaurant to eat at. The parks and the hotels both have sit down, fine dining, along with quick service meals as well. I would suggest not blowing your money on a bunch of high-price dining experiences. However, If you still want one or two that’s fine. Stick to little snacks throughout the day like a pretzel or pizza if you want that. If you are at a park with a particular “themed” dining like the Mexico pavilion at Epcot, there you can get nachos for a good price.  

This isn’t as important, but I still think it is something to talk about. You need to be smart with your money when it comes to souvenir and gift prices. Remember, that at Disney, things are probably priced up five to fifteen  dollars depending on what it is. Meaning, you could probably get the same thing for a way cheaper price back home. However, if you really want that sweatshirt or snow globe, just don’t be surprised when you look at the price tag.   

As a Florida native, I’ve learned a few lessons and picked up on a few things when I have gone to Disney over the years. Today, I shared with you the few tricks I know to give you your money’s worth, even when you are getting that Disney experience. I hope you learned a few things, and take  these tips with you in your next Disney vacay!  

Lily de Rooij is a senior this year at Lynn University. She love the connections and memories she has been able to make throughout the years here at HC. Her favorite part about being on the team, is coming up with new social media ideas and posts.