Harry Styles performing at the 2021 Grammy Awards
Photo by Francis Specker / CBS

In Honor Of Harry Styles Winning His First Grammy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Either from his time as the lead in One Direction, or his iconic fashion moments, we all know Harry Styles as one of the most popular and transcendent solo artists of our generation. Evolving from being in The X Factor, to landing a singing contract by being part of One Direction, he has always stood out. This British singer has definitely struck us, his talented voice, catchy music and beautiful sense of fashion has defied the standards and said goodbye to standardized masculinity. 

Recently in March 14th, Harry Styles won his first Grammy award. He was nominated for three awards:, Best Pop Solo Performance, Best Vocal Album and Best Music Video. He won the grammy for Best Pop Solo Performance for his song Watermelon Sugar. Looking back at his journey we can’t be more excited for what his future promises, but in honor of Harry styles winning his first Grammy, let’s look back at some of his most career defining moments as a solo artist. 

Back in 2017 he shook the ground by releasing his debut single Sign of Times, days after he made it to Saturday Night Live with Jimmy Fallon. His appearance was so successful he even hosted the show a couple years later. The same year he went on his first solo tour, which was so acclaimed that more dates needed to be added in 2018 to keep up. Later on Harry was recognized for his talent as a singer and actor, and starred in the movie Dunkirik, for which he was praised. Harry did not only made it as a singer and actor, but was also casted as a model and face of Gucci.  

Two years later in 2019 we see Harry Styles serving nothing but looks at the Met Gala, co-hosting the event wearing his infamous high waisted Gucci jumpsuit. 2019 was definitely his year, not only did he make high waisted pants a trend, but he release his album Fine Line which is still to this day very successful. This albums broke records and become the first UK male artist to debut at number one with his first two albums.  

All of this tracing back to the historic moment in which he picked up his Grammy wearing a feather scarf and green suit. Harry Styles music reflects a savvy pop sound yet provides unique additions of rock, classic, indie and his heartwarming vocals. He has transcended from his times of dreams and hopes back in Cheshire, into a fashion icon, legendary singer and worldwide recognized celebrity. 

This is me
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.