Halloween Spirit: Modern Family Halloween Episodes 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

It’s time to get into the Halloween spirit with Modern Family! One thing Modern Family is known for is its iconic Halloween episodes. Each episode is very different and filled with Halloween spirit. Here are four Modern Family episodes you should watch during this Halloween Season.

Season 2, Episode 6: Halloween

The first Modern Family Halloween episode was in season 2. We first discover Clair’s obsession with Halloween and how she wants the whole family to participate. In this episode, we see the first Dunphy Haunted House. While the family is all struggling with their own problems, they all find a way to come together and make the scariest haunted house in the neighborhood. 

Season 8, Episode 5 Halloween 4: The Revenge of Rod Skyhook

Luke finally gets the opportunity to host his own Halloween party, but when only three people show up, Phill, Claire, and Hailey try to find a way to fix it. Cam gets caught up in one of Claire and Mitchell’s prank wars leading him to chase the wrong troublemaker around the neighborhood. 

Season 9, Episode 5: It’s the Great Pumpkin, Phil Dunphy

After many Halloweens, the Dunphy kids think they are too old for Halloween. While it breaks Claire and Phill’s hearts, they try to cope in different ways. Claire tries to bring Zombies to the office, but her coworkers are not interested. Jay and Mitchell are renovating Mitchell and Cameron’s kitchen. In this Halloween episode, we only get to see the Dunphys in a Halloween costumes. 

Season 11, Episode 5: The Last Halloween

This Halloween episode is very bittersweet as this is the last Modern Family Halloween episode ever. After failing for many years to scare Claire, Phill decides to step up his game to give Claire the fright of her life. Jay and Manny are on the hunt for a lost candy bar, and Gloria is worried about being old enough to look like Jay’s wife. Mitchell and Cam decided to head to West Hollywood for a fun child-free Halloween night. 

All of these episodes are special and unique in their own ways. Which episode are you watching during this spooky season? 

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.