This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Someone really special to me asked for a favor, and little did I know that it would change my life. What started as a single phone chain accessory, soon became a small word of mouth business known as “In Between the Lines.” With lots of hard work and love, I have managed to put countless hours of work into a job that is now a part of me. Eternally grateful is what I am for this opportunity that I have been given, and I truly thank my lucky stars that I have such wonderful people in my corner.

Balancing life and work has not been easy, and having this business has taught me many life skills. Starting in high school, this business has been a form of therapy. On days when I would get stressed out, beading was an outlet that I was able to channel my energy into to accomplish not just schoolwork but business as well. Like anything in life, it takes money to make money. The cost was a heavy one at the start, using my allowance to buy supplies, and with time the profit covered the cost. 

Struggling with money and time management, In Between the Lines has taught me that saving and efficiency are key tools to a successful life. They say that good things come to people that wait, and being in business has proven that to be true. Business is a mindset, and when geared in a positive way can lead to exponential growth. Business is a lot like life, you take from it what you put in. No matter how grand things are in life, it is important to reflect back to the beginning of it all.

My business started small, with someone having faith in me, and giving me an opportunity to explore my talent. Reflection has been a large part of my success, and now dear readers, I bestow this advice upon you. Never forget your roots because they make the growth happen in the first place. All it takes is someone to back you up, and when you appreciate that support, your foundations are solidified. 

“ I fall

I rise,

I make mistakes,

I live.

I’ve been hurt but

I am alive.

I’m human, I am not perfect,

But, I’m thankful.

Through them, I learned

To appreciate LIFE…”

—Unknown

Andrea Sofia Berman is a creative writer and Education major. She is passionate about children and helping people. She loves to use creativity to express herself, and hopes to spread positivity through writing.