This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Just like that, Junior year is over. This year flew by, and so much has happened. It feels just like yesterday I was heading to the involvement fair in our school and meeting all of the Her Campus at Lynn members in-person for the first time!  

This year had a lot of growth and learning. I moved into my first apartment all alone. This was a significant change from living in the dorms. I learned that being alone is not a bad thing. In fact, it’s a great thing. As you grow, you realize that you are your own best friend and spending time alone is not bad. People try to make it seem as if it’s a bad thing, but it is actually a really good thing. Living alone is fantastic, and I am so glad I jumped on that opportunity.   

I’ve noticed a pattern in myself where anyplace I move to, the third year is my best year. This is where I have the best friendships and the best time wherever I am living. My Junior year of college was definitely the best year out of the three years of college. This year I’ve grown a lot and gained a lot of confidence. Not only that, I finally found my people. Believe it or not, it took me three years to find them, but it was definitely worth the wait.  

Although this year I am crazy busy and running all around the place, I’ve learned a lot about adulthood. I have decided to be more involved on campus and take on leadership positions. I am so glad I did this. Having leadership positions helped me grow, gain confidence and gain a work ethic. I strongly encourage everyone to take on a leadership position in college. I do regret not taking a leadership position in high school. It would have helped me gain confidence earlier. You can not change the past, but you can change the future.  

A lot has happened this year, and I am grateful for all of it! Although I am sad my Junior year has come to an end, I can’t wait to see what will happen in my Senior year!

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.