Style > Fashion

Freakly Is Still Fabulous: Monster High News 2022

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

You read that correctly: Monster High is back! 

Scheduled for this upcoming summer, Monster High will be rereleasing their six original dolls—Frankie, Draculara, Clawdeen, Lagoon, Ghoulia, and Cleo! And just like Bratz, shirts and jewelry have already been seen in stores at Hot Topic. However, unlike Bratz, they will be coming back not as a reunion, but to help promote the new live-action movie. 

The new “ghouls” will come in more modern, 2022 style fashion but still keeping it nostalgic. I am personally very excited for Monster High’s return because they still have a big place in my heart. I started collecting and playing with dolls when I was nine, ending when I was fourteen. Now at twenty, I have a new appreciation for the dolls and the brand as an adult, along with many other fans.  

As mentioned earlier, there have already been new shirts and jewelry seen at Hot Topic. The jewelry includes a ring set, an earring set, and an earring-cuff duo. Other accessories include a choker with the incline skull logo. For shirts and hoodies, there are many of different styles, some even come in multiple colors! My favorite is the hoodie with the logo and Monster High title. I really want it in navy color! Another popular design is one that says “scream team” and has Clawdeen, Frankie, and Draculara on the front. 

In other news, the new movie is getting a lot of praise because of its very diverse cast! Seen on Instagram, people are already talking about how there are more representations for people of color in this movie.  For example, Nasiv Call will be playing Abbey Bominable and Nayah Damasen will be playing Draculara. Although people are excited about the diverse  cast, fans are worried that the actors and actors may not be able to pull off the “vibe” of the characters. While I see what they mean, I personally think that we should not even be arguing about this because the fact that we have the cast as it is, is way more important.  

Scoot over Bratz cause Monster High is making their move! I honestly don’t know what brand comeback I am more excited for because I love Bratz but Monster High will always have a special place in my heart. Let’s just hope that the reboot doesn’t flop like the one in 2016. Stay scary-sweet!  

Lily de Rooij is a senior this year at Lynn University. She love the connections and memories she has been able to make throughout the years here at HC. Her favorite part about being on the team, is coming up with new social media ideas and posts.