Five Reasons Why You Should Watch Grey’s Anatomy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Don’t get me wrong, 17 seasons of Grey’s Anatomy is a lot but what makes each episode and season so special is the work that is put into each episode. Also, if you are a Grey’s Anatomy fan like myself, then you will appreciate these reasons! According to Odyssey, here is a list of reasons why you should start binging Grey’s Anatomy.

PS: watch out for spoilers! 

Address Real Issues

Grey’s Anatomy tackles topics like no other show. They have done episodes that address real-life issues such as domestic violence, sexual assault, mental health, natural disasters and so much more. I think it is important for television shows that have such an impact on the community to take in these real-life issues and properly address them. That is one of the many reasons why I love this show! 

The Characters 

The roles that are played by these amazing talented actresses and actors are incredible. Each character adds a little something to the show whether it’s just by their funny lines, the friendships, or even better, the love triangles. This adds to the reasons why you should watch because each character makes the show be complete of different plots.  

The Drama

The one thing that keeps this show alive and going is the drama! Each character is their own and very different from each other. All this allows conflict in the show whether it being a love triangle with one or more doctors or just as simple as a scene in the OR. Trust me: there is always some type of chaos happening in the OR. 

The Male Doctors 

All I can say is that the male doctors in this show are out of this world! They are beautiful and just perfect. For example, Derek Shepherd is nicknamed “McDreamy” and pretty much speaks for itself. He is one of the main characters in the show and he is the head of the Neurosurgeon team and the husband to the one and only Meredith Grey. If you have seen the show you know what I am talking about. But if you have not, when you watch you will understand why everyone is obsessed with the male doctors (especially Derek Shepherd). 

There Are 17 Series 

Currently, Grey’s Anatomy is in season 17. Yes, and they are still making new episodes! Grey’s Anatomy started in 2005 and now it is 2021 with the show still going! There are so many seasons and episodes to watch with so many storylines that it makes them more alive and not boring – which is also a perfect reason why you should watch it! 

If you have not started watching Grey’s Anatomy or have started and stopped because it was too long, I am here to say: start watching because it is so worth it! Nothing is better than watching a show full of good-looking doctors, the drama that keeps the show going, and also a touch of life lessons! For the people who are all caught up like me, do not forget to tune in on Thursday Nights on ABC

Kayla is currently a Senior at Lynn University majoring in Communications  with a focus on social media. Kayla spends a lot of her time participating in a variety of Lynn’s media outlets. Kayla has co hosted a weekly segment for the Lynn radio and for the past year has been a contributor on Her Campus Lynn social media and wrirting for the magazine.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.