This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Many times in our childhood or if you still like Disney movies like me, some of the messages go unnoticed. But, there are so many beautiful things we can learn from children’s films in its purest form that we must rewatch them. Recently, I watched Cinderella again with “other eyes,” and I notice life lessons that I did not realize before. Because of all this and by being a Disney lover, I put a list of the great movies with its central message to me! 

Cinderella 

“No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep on believing, the dream that you wish will come true.”

Let’s be honest: Cinderella never asked for a prince; she asked for a night out AND a dress. The movie has an exceptional message about how firmly believing in your dreams can lead you in the direction of them. Of course, we do not have a godmother, but our positive thoughts and resilience make a huge difference.

The Lion King 

“Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it, you can either run from it or learn from it.”

The movie not only tells us a story about how our past influences who we are. But it helps to realize that we are much more than that. If you want to know who you are, you must look inside yourself and what the events in your life made you become.

Pocahontas 

“If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you’ll learn things you never knew you never knew.” 

This movie not only teaches us how great things can happen when we step out of our comfort zone, but it is a teaching on leadership, how to become a successful and inspirational leader to others, and to be able to be in constant change and evolution as a person.

Mulan 

“Why is my reflection someone I don’t know?”

Mulan throughout the movie is on a journey to not only find herself but to prove that she can overcome challenges and bring pride for her family. She is an example of how sometimes we are so afraid to become who we truly are that we miss a lot of opportunities. 

Dumbo

“The very things that hold you down are going to lift you up.”

This movie has such a unique effect in my life. I remember watching it as a kid and thinking, “Dumbo is so cute why is he so sad about being different?”. The thing is that as much as you accept yourself for who you are and realizes that what makes you different stands you out in the crowd, nothing can stop you from achieving your goals.

Bambi

“Everything in the forest has its season. Where one thing falls, another grows. Maybe not what was there before, but something new and wonderful all the same.”

Even though Bambi is such a sad movie, it teaches us a fantastic lesson. Sometimes we get mad and sad that things come to an end or does not go as planned. However, it is just giving space for something greater and more significant that you asked for.

Lilo & Stitch 

“Ohana means family. Family means nobody gets left behind or forgotten.”

I am suspect in this movie because I love Stitch. One of the reasons that I like it so much is because Stitch was not supposed to be “bad,” people made him bad. But a huge lesson that I learned is that family is an essential part of someone’s life and should always come first. 

Coco

“No one was going to hand me my future; it was up to me to reach for my dream.”

Coco’s central message is to seize your moment and do what you believe in. You need to go after and fight for what you believe in. This movie is a real-life lesson on the family topic, too, how it is always a part of you. 

Toy Story 

“Be who you are right now.”

Toy Story has taught us a lot about friendship and growing up processes. In the last movie, we can see a message about finding your purpose when you think you have already achieve it.

Monsters, INC

“Dream big. Never let anyone tell you you’re not scary.”

Monsters Inc is one of my favorite Disney movies. Since I was a kid, I was so impressed by how even everyone telling Mike he was not scary, he kept going for it. As he goes through performing his “task,” he discovers who he truly is and that had such a high impact on me.

Finding Nemo 

“When life gets you down, you know what you gotta do? Just keep swimming!”

A big lesson that we can take from Finding Nemo is never to give up. Even when it seems that things are not going to work out, we cannot give up on them. No matter how hard it gets, we need to keep trying! 

Aladdin

“Today’s special moments are tomorrow’s memories.”

Aladdin is my favorite “Disney Princess Movie.” From this story, I learned that it is not worth to change who you are to be accepted by someone else. And also, lies do not last long. If you surround yourself with people that genuinely love you, they will be by your side no matter what. 

Beauty and the Beast 

“It’s not until you lose everything that you can truly appreciate everything.”

Beauty and the Beast is such a beautiful story just for the fact that a girl that stood out of her community could love someone that looked like a beast. It teaches us to look at who people truthfully are and not who they seem to be externally. 

Ratatouille 

“You must not let anyone define your limits because of where you come from. Your only limit is your soul.”

Of course, it is a mouse cooking in this movie, but the message is accurate. In many moments in our lives, people will tell us we cannot do something because of our background. It is not right, we all have a unique potential, and it just requires a person to notice them. 

The Little Mermaid 

“You’ve got your style, now let it shine through and remember no matter what, you got to be you.”

The Little Mermaid shows us precisely what happens when our dreams do not match the goals of those we are close to. But this should not stop you and do not take others’ opinions to change the path of your life. Take a chance, live your dream, and beautiful things will happen! 

I hope you let the kid that lives in your heart still talk to you. There are so many great movies that we can learn from, and doing that, makes it a little easier to understand life. Do you have a favorite movie lesson? 

Giuliana is a Contributing National Writer for Her Campus, and the former Editor-In-Chief and President of Her Campus at Lynn. She recently graduated from Lynn University, with a BS in Marketing, Fashion & Retail and International Business Management. Among a lot of passions, Giuliana shows a high interest in the Publishing and the Marketing Industry. She is the author of the latest book "Brand You: How to Achieve Success through Personal Branding," which was published in May 2021. The book provides a new perspective on personal branding and personal marketing. One of her biggest dreams is to continue growing her own brand and help other people achieve success through their uniqueness. Giuliana is also a sister of Sigma Sigma Sigma sorority, and member of Golden Key International Honour Society and Sigma Beta Delta International Honor Society for Business, Management and Administration.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.