Anna Schultz-Girl Sitting On Bed Facing Wall
Anna Schultz / Her Campus
Style > Decor

College Dorm Must-haves That You Most Likely Forgot About

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Back to school season has already started! Many students are moving into their dorms for the first time. Packing for college is always stressful as you never know what to bring. Sometimes you overpack, under-pack, or forget the essentials. Here are four things you are most likely to forget to pack when packing for college!

Water Filter
Amazon Grad Gift Guide
amazon.com

Depending on your dorm, you may or may not have a water cooler. The nearest place to fill up your water bottle could be in the cafeteria, and that might be a walk from your dorm. The tap water in the dorm is not good, so I recommend getting a Brita. A Brita is a water filter that you can use to drink clean water without having to walk all around campus to get it. I wish I had bought one my Freshman year of college.

Mattress Pads 

If you are going to listen to any of the recommendations I will give you; please let this one be it. Dorm mattresses are hard and uncomfortable. To solve this problem, you can purchase a mattress pad to put on top of the mattress. You can buy it at Target, Walmart, or Bed, Bath, and Beyond. 

Vacuum Cleaner 

Dorm rooms get very dusty and dirty, especially after move-in day. It’s essential not to forget to bring a vacuum cleaner. Keeping your dorm room clean gives you a better chance of not getting sick. There are many affordable vacuum cleaners that you can get.

Extension Cord

Dorm rooms do not have many plugs. This is why it is essential to bring extension cords. When there are only two plugs in your room, you will not be able to charge all of your devices at once. You can plug in your lamps, fridge, and coffee maker with the extension cord while charging your electronics.

These are just some essentials you will need. There is a lot to think about when packing for college, but remember you got this! Have a fantastic year at college, and remember to make long-lasting memories. 

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.