KP SMILE2020 GLITTER TEARS 091 final
KP SMILE2020 GLITTER TEARS 091 final
Courtesy of Christine Hahn
This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

We get it – neutral tones are a part of our comfort zones. We all know you can never go wrong with a nude lipstick and warm-toned eyeshadow. It’s basically the go-to-look. But there are times when we are feeling bold and daring – we need an eyeshadow palette that can match this outgoing energy. Whether it’s for those sudden moments you’d like to experiment with color or for everyday use, below is a list of the most electrifying eyeshadow palettes to own and how to blend the rules.  

When you get the urge to create bright and bold looks, there is no better investment than a great eyeshadow palette with amazing pigment. Here are my top beauty picks for a pop of color to blend the rules!  

Huda Beauty Obsessions Palette in Ruby

This palette is playful and has nine shades to play around with. These pigmented eyeshadow colors come with a mix of shimmer, matte and chrome finishes. To achieve a more minimal effect, apply the lightest colors – focusing on the shimmers. I seriously love this Huda collection, I have all the colors in the mini palettes. It really is an amazing purchase to include into your makeup looks and these pigments set to your face for most of the day! Usually when I complete bold looks myself, the brightness of the colors tend to fade away as the day goes by, but these palettes actually grip really well onto your eyelids. For the purpose of this topic, I am focusing on the more bright palettes, however this Huda range of mini palettes each contain a selection of “nude” hues, light, medium and dark tones. 

James Charles X Morphe Unleash Your Inner Artist Palette 

If neutrals leave you yawning, this is definitely the right palette for you to experiment with literally – your inner artist. This palette offers 39 super-pigmented, rainbow-inspired hues. These hues are both creamy matte and glossy metallic. This palette covers the bases of make-up looks, from an emerald green smokey-eye to a full-on neon pink eye.

351 Icy Fantasy Artistry Palette from Morphe 

Yes, Morphe has done it once again. Morphe has convinced us that we 100% need ANOTHER eyeshadow palette. Their launch is in collaboration with Pony, a beauty influencer, who is an amazing makeup artist especially with her icy pastel looks. I definitely recommend this palette especially if you want to create bold eyeshadow looks but not in the sense of creating a neon look. This will create a softer tone compared to a neon tone of color. This may suit you if you are not so confident with wearing such a solid neon eye look.

3503 Fierce by Nature Artistry Palette Morphe 

​One of my absolute favorite palettes is Fierce by Nature from Morphe! I believe Morphe is such a reliable brand – their color pigments are always consistent and long lasting! Anyone who knows me, knows I have an obsession with green. This palette is perfect for me because it has all the neutral warm tones that I would usually use for my everyday makeup, but the GREEN pigment in this palette is the one color that satisfies my creative urges the most. This palette is super easy to blend when combined with the light green shimmer.

It’s All About Confidence!

When it comes to wearing brighter eyeshadows, it really is all about confidence. When it comes to these bold looks – the brighter the better! From hot pinks to electric yellows, transform your everyday look and have some fun with self expression. Bright eyeshadow isn’t quite as intimidating as it seems as long as you go in with a game plan. It’s a good idea to get some inspiration from some of the makeup influencers to begin with! I follow many makeup artists on Instagram to get some inspiration – below are two influencers who absolutely kill the game!  

​​- Brookelle Mckenzie (@bybrookelle on Instagram )  

Australian Makeup Artist, Brookelle is one of my favs! She’s constantly showing off her talent and passion for makeup. She showcases her natural glam looks all the way to bold hot pink! Seriously – give her a follow for a huge inspiration especially when it comes to using and wearing Morphe products.  

– Gabrielle Alexis (@gabxxrielle on Instagram) 

​Another makeup influencer who I absolutely adore:, Gabrielle! She is always coming up with new and interesting looks that will forever inspire others! From Gucci inspired all the way to Playboy looks. She is always keeping up with the latest makeup trends. Follow her on Instagram to grab some inspiration to do your own color looks!

I hope these palettes inspire you to be bold and outgoing with your next makeup look! It’s important to step out of your comfort zone, have fun with it and blend the rules!

Kelly Webb is the Vice President and Content Creator Director of Her Campus at Lynn. Kelly is an international student from South Africa studying Fashion and Retail Management at Lynn University. She holds other leadership positions such as the Recruitment and Social Media Chair of Theta Phi Alpha sorority. Kelly is extremely creative and she loves sharing her passion and interests with others.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.