This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Suffering from chapped lips is like clockwork — it happens every now and then, and sometimes not at all! I suffer from dry lips and almost always need to have something on my lips whether its lipstick or lip balm. With so many people spending time indoors, suffering from all-time dry lips is the norm at the moment. There is a major need for a solution that can quickly soothe, reestablish and hydrate your pout! Here are my recommended products that you need to get your hands on this year.

Illia’s Hydrating Lip Mask 

I have always used a lip balm and in desperate times used Vaseline throughout the day and before bed. I definitely needed an upgrade when I wanted to opt for a product that was more soothing and instantly moisturizing that would keep my lips hydrated over a time period too. There are facial masks, hair masks — even feet masks! There is literally a mask for everything these days, especially an influx of options made specifically for your lips. 

A lip mask called Ilia’s Hydrating Lip Mask is a brand new product from the skin care brand which is a 3-in-1 lip serum that has been a favorite product amongst Vogue Editors too! Needless to say, this product launched just in time for my dry lips which made me super excited to try it out and I can definitely say it was worth the try. 

Ilia’s Hydrating Mask uses a mango butter solution that aims to nourish the damaged skin, a sea succulent called Salicornia that increases hydration as well as papaya enzymes that helps exfoliate the dead skin on the lips. There is also a bonus — the soothing lavender-chamomile scent makes this product even more calming and makes you even more excited to use within your bedtime routine! 

Klavvuu Nourishing Care Lip Sleeping Pack 

A product that I found by reading recommendations and reviews by Devon Abelman, Allure’s digital reporter, is Klavvuu Nourishing Care Lip Sleeping Pack. This weightless formula balances your dry lips because of its avocado, sweet almond and apricot seed oils extracts.

Milk Makeup Melatonin Overnight Lip Mask 

Another brand that I absolutely love is Milk. Their overnight lip mask Milk Makeup Melatonin Overnight Lip Mask is a hyaluronic acid blended with goji, açaí, blueberry and blackberry extracts. This enables powerful antioxidant benefits that not only smells amazing, but also enables a plumpier look with softer and smoother texture.

Patchology’s Flash Patch Lip Gels 

A super cute and sustainable product is Patchology’s Flash Patch Lip Gels. These mini lip patches adhere to your lips as a sheet mask and are biodegradable! These lip patches have green tea extract that aims at reducing redness and promotes collagen production. Super cute and aesthetic product!

Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm 

I always try to purchase products that are vegan or sustainable. Summer Fridays Lip Butter Balm is technically not a lip mask but it’s unitary-rich consistency coat sure feels like one. The butters include shea and murumuru which are solutions that are known to hydrate and moisturize dry skin. There are vegan waxes within this butter balm that creates the thick coating that nourishes. The bonus is definitely the subtle vanilla flavor that makes it all worth while! 

Burt’s Bees Lip Treatment Lip Mask 

The best for last, finally my absolute favorite lip balm brand — Burt’s Bees. They have a product called Burt’s Bees Lip Treatment Lip Mask that is LIFE CHANGING. The cheapest and most affordable lip treatment at only $3, soothes and hydrates lips with its meadow foam and sweet almost oils. The reason why I believe this product is one of the best is because of its price and it is 100% natural for those who are looking for sustainable products.

I hope these products get you through your driest days and help restore the moisture you need to rejuvenate your pout! 

Kelly Webb is the Vice President and Content Creator Director of Her Campus at Lynn. Kelly is an international student from South Africa studying Fashion and Retail Management at Lynn University. She holds other leadership positions such as the Recruitment and Social Media Chair of Theta Phi Alpha sorority. Kelly is extremely creative and she loves sharing her passion and interests with others.
Lynn University Chapter of Her Campus.