This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

An underrated city in Australia is Brisbane. Most tourists head to Sydney or Melbourne, and they forget all about Brisbane. Brisbane always has something to do and always has warm weather, unlike Sydney and Melbourne. If you are thinking of traveling to Brisbane, you must check out these 3 locations.   

Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary

While in Australia, I definitely recommend you go see kangaroos and koalas. At Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary, there is an area where you get to feed the kangaroos and you are be able to be up close to them. Being able to touch a kangaroo is an experience I will never forget. The Lone Pine Koala Sanctuary has so many different Australian animals like koalas, dingoes, platypus, snakes, kangaroos, and many more. 

Eat Street Northshore 

Looking for a fun night out experience? Head out to Eat Street Northshore with your family and friends. Eat Street Northshore is filled with a bunch of different pop-up stores and restaurants. There is a vast variety of food and live music around the location. Eat Street Northshore is open every Friday – Sunday.   

South Bank Parklands

I loved walking around South Bank Parklands! It was filled with nature and an artificial pool that looked like a lagoon. As Brisbane has no beaches, this artificial pool is perfect! The bonus part is that it’s free! There are lots of different food options at the South Bank Parklands. If you are looking for a panoramic view, head to the Wheel Of Brisbane to see the whole city. 

If you are in Brisbane for a short amount of time, you definitely need to check out these three locations. These locations are perfect for a day out with friends and family. These locations are entirely different from each other but also perfect for everyone! 

Priscilla is the President and the Director of Social Media at Her Campus at Lynn. She is a Senior at Lynn University studying International Business Management and Marketing. She has grown up all over the world, this helped her learn new languages and different cultures. She has a passion for traveling and discovering new things.