Screen Shot 2021 11 22 at 35054 PM
Screen Shot 2021 11 22 at 35054 PM
Amazon.com

All is Fair in Love, War, and Energy

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

There is always a reason why our actions materialize themselves into existence. Conscious or not, it is our beliefs that create habits and behaviors. If we are passionate, in both positive and negative aspects, then our efforts speak for themselves. The same can be said for love and war.

Many people are defending the beliefs they hold dear: family, rights, land, and even possessions. See, people let the beastly colors of humanity show when words just don’t cut it. Resorting to weapons means that neither side can let go of their views, so belligerence must be bestowed. This form of hostility may solve problems on a surface level, but doesn’t justify millions of lives being lost at the expense of fighting over subjective trivialities of possession. 

Looking at specifics, some of these valuables are not tangible. Rights for example can be seen, heard, and should be respected. Of course, some of these credences border on controversiality. Without infringing on anyone’s views, is the way we go about handling differences tethered to our energetic fields?

“The most powerful thing you can do to change the world is to change your own beliefs about the nature of life, people, and reality to something more positive….

and begin to act accordingly. – Shakti Gawain

In life, we spend so much time deliberating where we want to be and who that is. Our minds are jail cells and we are prisoners enslaved to the cognitive processes that are ingrained in our environment and DNA. Just like on the battlefield, our energy fields are combating the enemies known as the forks in the road of life. We are forced to make decisions both minuscule and life altering, and yet uncertainty is still the outcome. That’s why hindsight is 20/20; we make our choices and live out the results.

So maybe each person lives a different part of history daily; life is just one continuous timeline. We write our stories and to us that is just an afterthought. The power is in our hands to free ourselves of nonsense and see life for what it is, an enigma of possibility and energetic magnitude. 

Andrea Sofia Berman is a creative writer and Education major. She is passionate about children and helping people. She loves to use creativity to express herself, and hopes to spread positivity through writing.