A Look Into 65th Annual Grammy Awards Ceremony 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Another year of music to our ears the 65th Annual Grammys Award Ceremony is returning to Los Angeles on February 5th after taking over Las Vegas in 2022! For the third year in a row comedian, Trevor Noah will be hosting the ceremony and couldn’t be happier! 

The first round of performers has been announced, the current nominees taking the stage are Bad Bunny, 9 times Grammy winner Mary J Blige who is nominated for 6 Grammy awards including, a record of the year, Album of the Year, and Best R&B performance. Coming up 6-time Grammy winner Brandie Charlie is up for seven awards including best rock performance, and Best Americana Performance. Luke Combs, and Steve Lacy, are not nominated but will be performing. Lizzo is nominated for 5 Grammy awards including song of the year and best pop vocal album. Kim Petras, it’s her first nominee and Sam Smith’s four-time winner. Also, everyone’s favorite “Single Lady” Beyoncé is leading the most Grammy nominees for 2023 with nine nominees!! Following Beyoncé is Kendrick Lamar with 8 nominees. 

Music is something that we can all relate to. It has the power to influence human beings. As someone who loves listening to music, The Grammys is my favorite night of the year. Even growing up watching the Grammys and seeing some of my favorite artists get nominated or even win a grammy I can say I am very excited for another year of music’s biggest nights in history. 

The Grammys will be broadcasted live from Crypto.com Arena in Los Angeles on Sunday, February 5th, 2023 at 5 pm PT/8 pm ET on CBS.

Kayla is currently a Senior at Lynn University majoring in Communications  with a focus on social media. Kayla spends a lot of her time participating in a variety of Lynn’s media outlets. Kayla has co hosted a weekly segment for the Lynn radio and for the past year has been a contributor on Her Campus Lynn social media and wrirting for the magazine.