Wellness > Sex + Relationships

A Day to Be Extra Thankful for Those You Love: Date Ideas for All

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

When people think of Valentine’s Day, they think of romantic relationships and your relationship status. Let’s think of Valentine’s Day to remind yourself and others of how much they mean to you—spreading extra love this Valentine’s Day.  

BAE

Being in a relationship on Valentine’s Day is a special feeling, especially for the first time. Getting Valentine’s gifts from a person you love is much more special than those middle school candy gifts from your crush… although that was cute. Here are some date ideas for you and your bae!  

1. Picnic on the beach and watch the sunset; 

2. Go sledding and go on a hot chocolate date;  

3. Take a painting class and go to a nice dinner;  

4. A night out in town! 

Friends

Friends are true gifts in your life. True friends are always there for you and add joy to your life. Celebrate your friendship.  

1. Shop for a cute outfit and go to a fun restaurant;  

2. Ice Skate;  

3. Makeup night and photoshoot!  

siblings

Siblings will always be in your life. They are built-in family and friends. Spend a day celebrating each other. 

1. Bake a cake and decorate it; 

2. Binge-watch shows;  

3. Make a scrapbook with old pictures!  

yourself

Yourself   

Self-care equals  self-love. Love yourself and celebrate how much your body, your mind, and who you are doing for you.   

1. Mani-Pedi day;  

2. Get done any priorities and play your favorite sport; 

3. Give your mind and body a break and relax with a face mask!  

Valentine’s Day is one day a year for everyone in the nation to spread love. There are so many fun things to do on this day. Make sure to celebrate it. Be thankful for your life and love one another. Remember: whether you are in a relationship or single, you can celebrate Valentine’s Day!

Ava Margolis grew up in New Jersey and now resides in South Florida. Margolis attends Lynn University where she studies Multimedia Journalism. Margolis plans to continue her education to become a therapist for children. She is outgoing, compassionate, and an adventurous person who loves sharing her passions with others.