Wellness > Sex + Relationships

5 Fun Things to do at Home with your Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Lynn chapter.

Are you hating quarantine because you can’t go on fun dates? Me too! Below are five date ideas while your are confined in the house for those of you lucky enough to be with your significant other right now.

Pool Day

Lucky for us we live in Florida where it is summer all year long! Take this to your advantage and lounge by the pool, read an epic love story and drink a homemade cocktail! My favorite thing to do is get in a quick workout in the pool and race my boyfriend by doing laps. 

Game Night

Pick out some fun games and settle in for a night of laughter. Some of my favorite two player games are Mancala, Battleship, Checkers and Twenty Questions. Eat some popcorn, candy, and chips in between rounds. 

Puzzle

Find a 100, 500 or 1,000 piece puzzle around the house. If you dont have a puzzle you can order one on Amazon for cheap. Believe it or not they are still delivering within two days! Spend a few hours working together by putting your minds to work.

Movie Marathon

I know we are all in college and Disney movies are targeted at younger generations but do you remember how happy those Disney movies made you? My boyfriend and I are rewatching Wizards of Waverly Place and we sit there laughing for hours! The plus side is that Disney+ only costs $6.99 a month! If that is not your idea of fun then binge watch something on Netflix.

Video Games

Test your skills at video games! We all know men rule that kingdom since they used to spend every waking moment playing games before they dated us. But maybe you can show them a thing or two! My favorite video game is a racing game called Real Racing where you sit in a real race chair with a steering wheel, acceleration and brake pedals. Take turns speeding through a race track and see who has the quickest time! Another fun bonding game is anything to do with the Wii especially Wii Sports!

If you try out any of these quarantine dates make sure to tag us on Instagram @hercampuslynn so we can see all the fun you are having!

I was born to write epic stories and live an interesting life. I am 19 and writing is my passion. I am type 1 diabetic and have been for 17 years. I have lived in South Florida my whole life and would love to be a famous author one day. Reading a steamy romance novel is my favorite pastime. I love romance, dogs, my friends and family, and my darling boyfriend. I’m always up for a good chat with friends and coffee! My sweet tooth is my entire mouth and I live every day like its my last.