This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

As the weather gets warmer, it’s only right to adjust your playlists accordingly so they reflect the brighter mood of springtime. So, I’ve curated the perfect playlist to help elevate your mood during the warmer months! Below are a few of my current favorite tracks. 

Newbury Park – Lexi Jayde 

When I listen to this song, all I want to do is roll down my windows and turn the volume all the way up. The chorus is catchy and the beat is fun. Although the lyrics paint the picture of an unreciprocated relationship, Jayde gains confidence throughout the song that culminates in a fiery outro. My favorite lyrics are “I’m better of without you…” Simply put, but very effective and relatable! 

Ex I Never Had – LANY 

LANY’s class synth-pop sound is heavily present on this track. In the song, lead singer Paul Klein questions why a former flame keeps telling friends that they dated- when they didn’t. I love the guitar on this song, especially after the bridge. The lyrics are relatable and I always want to dance when I hear this song! 

House on Fire – Mimi Webb 

This song is the first I have ever heard from Webb, and I absolutely love it! She sings about literally setting her ex’s house on fire after she caught him cheating. The lyrics hilariously detail her meticulous plan, with her asserting that “we might have touched, we might of kissed, but darling I’m sorry it’s not enough to convict!” The chorus is super upbeat and catchy, and I can’t get enough of this track! 

Die Hard – Mark E. Bassy 

I absolutely love the beat of this song. It’s an upbeat synth track that has a catchy chorus and pre-chorus. Bassy sings how he is “gonna give you my heart/and let the old habits die hard.” I love listening to this song because of the well-executed production. The guitar and synth perfectly blend together! 

Daft Pretty Boys – Bad Suns 

While this song is not as new as the others, it’s one that I absolutely love. The guitar is amazing and the lyrics are super catchy! Bad Suns have lots of great, upbeat songs. Some of my favorite lyrics in the song are “She’s a sunrise dressed like dusk/Going out, she’s getting into something.”  

Below, you’ll find the link to a Spotify playlist I created with the tracks mentioned above- and some other amazing songs! I hope you enjoy them as much as I do because this playlist is the only one I have on repeat during the spring! 

Claire Blose is currently a junior at Loyola University Maryland majoring in Advertising and Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she is not studying, you’ll likely find her listening to music, exploring the great outdoors, or trying new recipes in the kitchen.