Three Must-Try Baltimore Restaurants 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

If you’re anything like me, finding restaurants that have food you enjoy can be a bit difficult, especially as a self-proclaimed picky eater. However, I know that when I find a good restaurant that I enjoy, I will continue to visit the place until I’m sick of it.  

Throughout my three years living in Baltimore, I’ve tried tons of restaurant locations with friends, family and peers for a variety of occasions. The food scene in Baltimore, in my opinion, is extremely underrated – there are so many delicious places to visit that often go unnoticed by those passing through the city. After narrowing down my favorite picks for food, here are three restaurants that I think are a must-try if you’re ever in Baltimore (or are a student who has yet to venture into the city)! 

Kippo Ramen 

I originally had never heard of this place until my partner and I visited this location for a date and I instantly fell in love. In the heart of Fells Point, sitting in a cozy corner, Kippo Ramen offers a variety of authentic ramen dishes as well as appetizers, small dishes, and sushi. The ramen is some of the best I’ve tried and they have so many options and add-ons to customize it to your liking. 

The best part of the experience, in my opinion, is that they play Studio Ghibli movies on a projector in the restaurant, so you can watch a wholesome movie and enjoy your meal! This is a perfect place for a date or for dinner with your friends and is definitely affordable for college students on a budget, too! 

Grano Pasta Bar 

I’ve always loved the neighborhood Hampden and consider it my favorite place to go in Baltimore. There are so many amazing restaurants and shops to visit in the area, making for the perfect experience. However, Grano Pasta Bar is the one location I crave on almost a daily basis. Grano offers traditional pasta dishes and even has a mini market next door with authentic Italian products for customers to purchase. As an Italian, I am always picky about other Italian food and Grano never disappoints.  

Whenever my friends and I are in the area, I’m the first one to suggest Grano as our place of choice to eat – and it is always well-loved by others! 

Papi’s Tacos  

A fan-favorite among Loyola students, Papi’s Tacos is a hit if you’re looking for delicious, affordable Mexican food. With three locations in Hampden, Fells Point, and Towson, Papi’s Tacos is always busy with customers (and for a reason)! There is so much to enjoy on their menu, from build-your-own tacos to quesadillas, to authentic appetizers and drinks. Their guacamole is one of the best I’ve ever had and my friends and I are always sure to place a large order of it whenever we visit.  

This location has an absolutely amazing atmosphere and even more amazing food and is one I highly recommend visiting at some point during your time at Loyola – you will not regret it! 

Bon Appètit!  

Sophie LaBella is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying writing and communications with a minor in studio arts. When she isn't studying or working on one of her many unfinished poems, you can find her recording for her radio show at WLOY, embroidering her jeans, dancing, or spending time with her best friends!