This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

Spring has sprung and the temperatures are rising. Whether you are remote or in-person, it’s here! Springtime weather that we’ve been waiting for!! I’m so psyched to share some fashion tips for switching into the spring mood through your style and clothes! 

Mask Designs

While the pandemic is winding down with the vaccine becoming readily available, masks are still going to be required. But that’s totally okay. Winter was rough and spring is a totally new season, let’s show it off with cute new mask designs. Personally, I’m all for pastels and floral but the typical black mask is always classic. I also think it’s important to note that masks can double as an accessory so don’t limit yourself to just one style, pick one that you think is cool, pretty, amazing and wear it with confidence! You look awesome in it! 

Changing up the colors!

Personally, I found myself wearing a lot of neutral tones this winter: white top, black leggings, and black jacket- so monotone! I think spring is a perfect opportunity to break out the colors! Yes, that includes Loyola’s signature green and grey but I’ve found that sage green and brown clothing pieces have become really popular. I think these colors along with pastels like yellow, pink, or blue are so cute and I can’t wait to see more of it as the weather brightens not just our days but our moods as well. 

Warm Weather Clothing

Not only is the serotonin going up, but the temperatures are also too! I am so psyched to break out my tank tops and cute summery tops for the really hot days on campus. I love shorts and summer clothes and even though it’ll still be kind of chilly on campus, I love pairing cozy trouser pants with a cute tank or bandeau. Bustier and corset tops have been on-trend as of late, which I think make amazing touches to spring outfits bringing classic flair to the new style. The point is, if you want to show some skin this spring, go for it and go in confidence! 

Trends!

This leads me to my next point, my favorite thing to keep an eye on, fashion trends! Along with corset tops, some trends I’ve been seeing are cropped cardigans both patterned (cow print, flowers, etc.) and solid, mom jeans, trousers (white is so chic but other colors especially warm tones are so cute!!), and last but not least, sweater vests! The sweaters that are on-trend are so convenient because most days are cold enough for a sweater when in the shade but hot enough in the sun where you don’t have to wear it if you don’t want to. Now, the debate of mom jeans versus skinny jeans is all up to you but mom jeans are great and if you’re thinking of adding a pair to your wardrobe, go for it!  

Lastly, I have created a Pinterest board to provide some visual inspiration for your style endeavors this spring! I am so psyched for this spring, especially the fashions that the new season brings after a long and cold winter.

Gracie Flach

American '24

Gracie is a sophomore studying Business Administration. She recently transferred to American from Loyola Maryland and joined HCAU's eboard as an editor. Her interests include sewing/embroidery(anything fashion-related), exploring DC especially the museums, and gardening.
Peyton Skeels is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying Economics with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She is an RA, member of Omicron Delta Kappa leadership honor society, and currently serves as a co-Campus Correspondent and the Editor-in-Chief for HC at LUM. When not studying, you'll find her gazing through her camera lens, listening to a podcast, or working on her blog, Patience and Pajamas.