This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

This is the first fall semester that sophomores here at Loyola have experienced here on campus, so I had no idea what to expect and by all means, I was blown away. The first thing was the amount of Halloween-themed activities that the campus held, from pumpkin painting, movie screening, and even a trip to Hershey Park. Even if you could not go to these activities, you could still feel the spirit here on campus.  

While walking to and from my dorm every day I saw many decorated pumpkins and different decorations hanging in dorms, and it was truly heartwarming. However, one of the funniest things was that there were a few people on campus that went all out the week of Halloween. There was a student that wore an inflatable T-rex costume around campus, and this simply brought smiles to students’ faces. There were other people on campus that were dressed up throughout the week for classes.  

When Halloween weekend finally rolled around you saw many different types of costumes on campus. There were a few trends this Halloween that I noticed, the first being the different characters from Scooby-Doo. In addition to this, there were angels and devils as well as Dorothy and other classic costumes with a twist. There were so many different opportunities to celebrate with people, and many of them were safe. Many of these people had masks that matched their costumes, which honestly added to the costume experience! 

Personally, I was unable to fully enjoy the weekend because of prior commitments (shoutout to everyone who came to see Blue Stockings, the play I assistant stage-managed!) but regardless of that, I am excited to see what Loyola has in store for other holidays on campus. I will be marking my calendar for Halloween next fall, and hopefully, you will too.  

Nez is a junior from Weymouth, Ma. They are a Theatre major, and a Gender and Sexuality studies minor. In their free time you will most likely find them in the theatre as well as in the admissions office! Outside of Loyola, Nez is passionate about music, reading and photography.