Style > Beauty

Makeup Releases We’re Looking Forward to: Fall 2020

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

Even though this year has been crazier than most, there is one thing we can still count on: new makeup releases. As summer quickly transitions to fall, many beauty companies are ushering in the season of dark lip colors and pumpkin spice lattes. If you’re like me, you like using the products you can count on – I have been wearing the same mascara since 7th grade! But a new season is the perfect time to test out different products, especially because most of us are still spending lots of time at home!

Scouring Sephora or Ulta’s website is an activity I normally do in my free time; I get super excited when I spot new releases for the upcoming season. In fact, beauty brands are normally 2 seasons ahead- I’m already seeing lots of Christmas products! However, I’m super excited to welcome Fall because it’s my favorite season. Here are some products that I am eager to try!

Too Faced Pumpkin Spice Warm & Spicy Eye Shadow Palette

Not only does this eye palette have the perfect festive name, but the colors are super unique! It has your traditional browns and it also has some awesome pops of color like pink and shimmery purple. This is a palette I would definitely experiment with since most of the shadow colors are out of my comfort zone!

Sephora Collection Wild Eyes Eyeshadow Palette

Now, I believe this palette was released with Sephora’s holiday collection- yes it’s already out! But, you can go buy it right now, so why not try it out regardless of the season? The colors are a perfect balance of neutral and eye-catching. If you’re someone who likes using browns (like me!), this looks like it would be a great palette to transition into trying more daring color shades.

*Promotional imagery is not yet available for this product, so go check out the Sephora site to see if for yourself!

Colourpop Cosmetics Gather Round Sisters Palette

Calling all Hocus Pocus fans! Colourpop cosmetics has just dropped their release date for their new Halloween-themed collection. With the release comes a new eye shadow palette that lives up to its spooky theme. There’s a green shade and a warm magenta – perfect shades to experiment with this season! The colors are so unique, I don’t have anything like this palette.

BH Cosmetics Drop Dead Gorgeous Full-On Crazy Palette

If you’re looking for a palette that has all colors of the rainbow, look no further than this one. This palette is so vibrant- I don’t know how you couldn’t have fun with it! I definitely don’t have a palette like this because I rarely experiment with colors. So, it would be the perfect one to try this season!

Rare Beauty Lip Soufflé Matte Lip Cream

I can’t think of a better time to try new lip colors than fall. Rare Beauty is a new brand at Sephora, which is always exciting! Their matte lip cream comes in a variety of fun colors. Whether you like bold or more nude lip colors, this lip cream looks like it would be great to try!

FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Stunna Lip Paint Longwear Fluid Lip Color

Rihanna just released a deep burgundy color of this fan-favorite lip color. While I have never tried anything from this brand, I think it would be super fun to experiment with darker lip colors this season, and this looks like the perfect shade to do just that!

Stila Plumping Lip Glaze

This new lip gloss will surely ease your transition from summer to fall. If you’re like me, lip gloss is your favorite makeup product to wear! However, lots of glosses tend to have more summery colors. Not this one! With shades of red and magenta, there’s no way this gloss won’t go well with your favorite cozy sweater.

Whether you’re into neutrals like me or like trying new bold colors, there’s sure to be a product on this list for everyone. I know it’s hard to stray away from our normal makeup routines, but with all the time we have on our hands, now is the perfect time to start! After all, fall is the season of dark lips and smoky eyes. Why not join in on the fun? You might just find your new favorite makeup item!

Claire Blose is currently a junior at Loyola University Maryland majoring in Advertising and Public Relations and minoring in Marketing. When she is not studying, you’ll likely find her listening to music, exploring the great outdoors, or trying new recipes in the kitchen.
Peyton Skeels is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying Economics with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She is an RA, member of Omicron Delta Kappa leadership honor society, and currently serves as a co-Campus Correspondent and the Editor-in-Chief for HC at LUM. When not studying, you'll find her gazing through her camera lens, listening to a podcast, or working on her blog, Patience and Pajamas.