How To Improve Your Study Session With Music 

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

Lately, I’ve been listening to Lo-Fi beats, which has been one of my favorite study techniques! 

One of the artists I listen to is L.Dre. His music is based on old cartoon shows and movies and he is amazing at blending the essence of the cartoons into his beats.  

Who is L.Dre  

L.Dre is a young music producer who has started leaving his mark globally. He began to get recognized when he did a remix for Frank Ocean, which went viral on TikTok. So many content creators started using his songs for their videos, which made his Steven Universe beat go viral as well. People have told him to quit making Lo-Fi beats and move on to hip-hop beats or other types of music, but he always says he loves chill music.  

Study Sessions with L.Dre 

I think L.Dre beats make such a difference in my study sessions because the calming sounds are not as soothing as to put you to sleep, but they are in the background of your mind, so it keeps you going. Also, I think the mix of his beats with old shows, like Adventure Time, Avatar: The Last Airbender and Gravity Falls, allows you to be more connected to his music in the sense that they are not random sounds you’ve never heard before.  

I usually listen to his music for writing papers, prompts or any homework that requires for me to sit more than an hour doing it. Listening to his music keeps me calm and able to go with the flow of things, instead of stressing out about getting everything done. So if you are trying to be less stressed about your workload, I suggest listening to L.Dre for a change.  

He’s the best study companion you could ever ask for! 

Editor’s Note: Due to a glitch in the publishing system, articles by Anabel Martin Llanusa are published under the LUM Contributor author tag.