How to Stay Engaged with the LUM Community this Semester

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

It’s easy to feel isolated from our community when we aren’t passing by familiar faces on the quad between classes, greeting our favorite professors as we stop by their offices – just because, or able to pop down the hall to see our friends. It’s no secret that we’re missing a bit of that human connection this semester, but that doesn’t mean that there aren’t ways for us to still have out of classroom experiences and engage with our community. In fact, that’s exactly what we’ll be exploring today!

Join Clubs

This semester clubs will be a great opportunity for us to all see new faces and explore the many opportunities the clubs at Loyola have to offer, no matter your interests! Click here to explore the Clubs page from Student Activities.

Participate in Late Night activities!

While there are only Late Night activities on Friday and Saturday evenings this semester, these are still something to take advantage of! Late Night schedules are emailed to all students weekly, but can also be found on this website.

Join Her Campus!

Looking to connect with your fellow Loyola women, be a part of an incredible and empowering organization, and learn something new? Join our Her Campus chapter! Applications close for the semester at 11:59 pm on Monday, September 21st. Once closed, they will not reopen until just before the start of the spring semester.

Economics Department Lunch Bunch

The Economics Department is hosting a free lunch bunch every Friday on Zoom from 12:30 pm – 1:30 pm. Each week will feature a different speaker and topic of discussion, and students are encouraged to drop in! Click here to see who is on the schedule for this week!

Participate in Library Pop-Up Classes

The pop-up classes at the library have gone virtual! Head to the Loyola Notre Dame Library website to explore what classes are coming up and register to save your space! Click here to check out the list of pop-up classes that are being offered in October.

The Writing Department Events

The Writing Department is hosting events throughout the semester, including Modern Masters readings! These events are at various times throughout the semester and cover a variety of topics. No matter your interests, I highly recommend clicking on this list and exploring what the Writing Department has to offer!

Attend Campus-Wide Events

The campus-wide events we all look forward to are still happening this semester! The Hanway Lecture in Global Studies is on October 7th and will be virtual this semester, but we know it will still be spectacular. Click here to learn more about this semester’s lecturer and register for this free event! Remember to keep an eye on Loyola Today and other university emails for alerts about other campus-wide events coming soon.

This is just a taste of what is still available to us this semester. Don’t worry Greyhounds, your community is still here for you!

If there’s an event you are involved with that you would like to be shared with the Her Campus at Loyola University Maryland community, please email our EIC Peyton Skeels, at peskeels@loyola.edu.

Peyton Skeels is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying Economics with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She is an RA, member of Omicron Delta Kappa leadership honor society, and currently serves as a co-Campus Correspondent and the Editor-in-Chief for HC at LUM. When not studying, you'll find her gazing through her camera lens, listening to a podcast, or working on her blog, Patience and Pajamas.