This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

By Anabel Martin Llanusa 

When I turned 18, I was not in the best environment. I felt unmotivated, depressed and my only escape was an acceptance letter from a college far away from home. As always music was there to carry me through all the bad moments. I wanted to create a playlist that represented what I was going through, and Noah’s new album could not come out at a better time. I had never listened to a song with lyrics that resembled my life in so many ways. I wouldn’t say her music helped me be happier, but I would say it made me accept my feelings and inspired me to move on. So, my point here is for people to know that if you are going through a rough patch right now, there’s an angel called Noah Cyrus. 

Although I loved the whole album, there were two songs that made a major impact on me. First one was “Lonely”. I feel that this song was kind of a quarantine song, where people could not visit their loved ones and enjoy themselves. I think the music captures the feeling of staying trapped in a house, alone, with nothing else but your own thoughts. I also saw it as someone who moves away from their family, and they are just tired of living with this constant nostalgia. I think this song can have so many different interpretations, which is what I love about her album, that you can relate to her lyrics easily.  

The next song is called: “Young and Sad.” During interviews Noah has talked on how this song was really personal for her. This song talks about Noah feeling overshadowed by her sister, Miley Cyrus, since she was always compared to her by the public.  

“My sister’s like sunshine /Always bringing good light/Wherever she will go /And I was born to rain clouds /When they blew the flame out /Blessed in our shadow” 

Yet, Noah says she doesn’t want to continue living like this. In the lyrics she is trying to break the chain, since she doesn’t  want to think of herself and see herself in the public’s perspective anymore. She sings: “Don’t wanna be young and sad another day longer.”

I think this is a pretty powerful song, even though my problems were completely different, her desire to accept herself and be happier was the same as mine. 

Her album was released in 2020, and is called “The End Of Everything.” I cannot highlight enough this album and the beauty of the music behind the lyrics. Every single song has a different vibe, and the sounds are very unique which makes you feel special.  

If you reach to the end of the article, you are surely interested and want to give Noah a try:  

Here are some songs to start you into liking her: 

1. Ghost 
  1. July 
  1. Young and Sad 
  1.  The End Of Everything 

You can listen to them and more below: