Five Things You can do this Valentine’s Day if you Don’t Have a Valentine

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.
  1. Make Valentines for your friends

Telling someone you love them during the Valentine’s Day season is not exclusive to couples, despite the media depicting it in that way. Find some time in your day to tell people in your life how much they mean to you. This can be by a simple gesture like a text or a small handmade card. A small thing like this can brighten someone’s day, and maybe help you realize that you are loved in return.

2. Watch your favorite movie

Watching your favorite movie can bring so much comfort during a difficult time or bring a smile to your face. Maybe recreate a meal from the movie or invite people to dress as their favorite character. There are so many unique ways to spice up a good movie night– even just curling up in your pajamas watching a classic.

3. Bake something new

Go out of your comfort zone to bake a sweet treat this holiday season. Experiment with something new and maybe you will find that this is a hit! Regardless of what the outcome is there is a fun baking experience under your belt, so try something crazy. You can even share these baked goods with others in your life.

4. Spend time with others

There are so many ways to spend time with the people you love during this holiday season; whether that is a trip out for a meal, a movie marathon, or even a night in. Being able to spend time with the people you love is important, not just for that relationship but also for you own mental health. The people that you know may be spending this holiday similarly and you can celebrate together.

5. Take time for Self-Love

One of the most important things about Valentine’s Day is the reminder to love yourself. This holiday is targeted to show love to other people, but the most important person to love is yourself. Take time to check in with yourself and see what you need, whether this is self-care or a walk. Finding time for yourself is critical especially during this time of year. Take a second and put on some self-love music and celebrate yourself.

Nez is a junior from Weymouth, Ma. They are a Theatre major, and a Gender and Sexuality studies minor. In their free time you will most likely find them in the theatre as well as in the admissions office! Outside of Loyola, Nez is passionate about music, reading and photography.