This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

With Midterms having come to an end, de-stressing as we enter this last half of the semester is a MUST! Half of the battle is forcing yourself to sit down and do the work, and now that you’ve done just that, what better way to reward yourself than with a study break! It’s time to get up out of the chair that you’ve been sitting in in the past hour, unglue your eyes from the blue light computer screen, and stretch those aching muscles. Detox that brain and prevent body parts from falling asleep with the perfect study break playlist.

Often times study breaks turn into a never-ending scroll through TikTok, Instagram, and other social platforms. Prevent distractions and throwing off the study groove by listening to a playlist that will never fail you. Creating new playlists can always brighten my spirits, especially during such stressful times in the semester.

So what songs, when put together, make the best study break playlist? Well for me, even though I may be taking a time out from studying I prefer a soundtrack to a relaxed stretch rather than to an upbeat dance break to pop or EDM music. Below I’ve chosen just a few of my go-to songs by some of my favorite artists to listen to not only during exam weeks but anytime I’m favoring a relaxed state of mind. Chill to these slower-paced beats, but still, feel ready to go back to studying when the time comes.

Starting off with a finger-snapping, head-bobbing Jack Johnson song called, Banana Pancakes, the playlist keeps up with this vibe gradually getting into a slower pace as it comes to an end with Cody Simpson’s song, Golden Thing. These songs are guaranteed to keep you in a zen-like state while you relax after all of the hard work you’ve just done. Reward yourself by playing songs that are sure to encourage and keep motivation up to keep on studying. Good luck!

Banana Pancakes – Jack Johnson

Mai Tais – Train ft. Skylar Grey

Comethru – Jeremy Zucker

Naked – Ella Mai

Corduroy Dreams – Rex Orange County

Honeymoon Fades – Sabrina Carpenter

Sweet Creature – Harry Styles

SOHO – Jaden

Best Part – H.E.R. ft. Daniel Caesar

Saturday Nights – Khalid

Pluto Projector – Rex Orange County

Golden Thing – Cody Simpson

Loyola University Maryland '23
Peyton Skeels is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying Economics with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She is an RA, member of Omicron Delta Kappa leadership honor society, and currently serves as a co-Campus Correspondent and the Editor-in-Chief for HC at LUM. When not studying, you'll find her gazing through her camera lens, listening to a podcast, or working on her blog, Patience and Pajamas.