This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

Music: 

A little birdie (the internet) told me that the beloved king of forest music, Hozier, is coming out with a new EP. His project is titled Eat Your Young and the release date is March 17th. The EP will consist of three songs, “Eat Your Young,” “All Things End,” and “Through Me (The Flood).” Now if you’re anything like me, you can hardly contain your excitement and you’re spending every waking moment patiently waiting for our beloved Andrew to feed us once again. I have no idea what to expect so I’m hoping we’ll get a teaser before it’s officially dropped. His latest single “Swan Upon Leda” was a beautifully crafted piece that truly left me in shambles, and I can’t wait to see what tear inducing melodies await me in this new EP.  

TV: 

Move over fans of the white walkers, there’s a new type of zombie in town! The video game-based HBO Max show The Last of Us broke an HBO streaming record by beating The House of The Dragons‘ numbers a week after its initial premier. The Game of Thrones spin-off amassed 741 million minutes watched a week after its premiere, however The Last of Us surpassed it with 837 million minutes watched after its release. And dare I say– it is rightfully earned. TLOU is a thrilling show with Pedro Pascal as Joel, a grumpy and troubled transporter, and Bella Ramsey as Ellie, a sarcastic and witty survivor. The post-apocalyptic show follows their journey of survival amongst an infected zombie outbreak. There are plenty of jump scares, calculated creepiness, and death-defying scenes to give you nightmares for weeks. While the show has its scary moments, there is also a lot of heart and warmth, especially between the two main characters. The amount of times I was hiding behind my blanket only to start sobbing has been embarrassing. I would recommend it to anyone who’s in need of a nice “found family” fix. 

Gaming: 

The Wizarding World has been revived! The newest Harry Potter game, Hogwarts Legacy, has taken the nerd world by storm. The game has earned 850 million dollars in global sales in just its first two weeks. The game differs from previous ones, as it now offers players to do some seriously “unforgivable” damage. Get it? The joke was bad, but your character’s actions can be worse. The game allows players to use the grave unforgivable curses at will against anything you desire. The amount of content I have seen on my TikTok FYP about this game has been insane, whether it be about the game play or the debates about JK Rowling and the morality of playing the game. One thing is for certain, the Harry Potter fandom will never die.  

Bree Hawes is from Middle River, MD. She is a junior at Loyola University Maryland. Her major is Speech-Language Pathology. She enjoys watching anime (Full-Metal Alchemist is her all-time favorite!), musicals, reading manga, listening to the Arctic Monkeys, watching Marvel movies, and any and everything nerd related! In her free time, she is probably browsing Amazon for lego sets.