A Welcome Back Letter from the Editor

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

Welcome back to Her Campus at Loyola University Maryland!

We are SO excited to be back on campus this spring and return to the routine of bringing you articles and media by college women, for college women (or anyone else who’d like to take a peek at our content). We are continuing our third year as a Her Campus chapter and are trying to keep the positive momentum going. We have a majorly talented group of writers this semester, and I’m certain that with articles from personal reflections, university events, pop culture, lifestyle and more, there’s going to be something for everyone to enjoy.

At Her Campus LUM, our goal has always been to create an engaging, inclusive and fun environment for everyone to share their talents, stories, and gain experience writing for a national publication. We are excited to host more events for bonding, networking or just winding down from a stressful week. Our social media team are experts at content creation, and I suggest following our Instagram @hcatlum to stay engaged with the chapter. We plan to have a new article published every weekday, so keep an eye out on this page, or on Instagram for updates!

This semester we have some new leadership that I would love to introduce you to!

Nicole Westwood is our new President this spring, taking over from Nicole Bacallao who is currently studying abroad in Copenhagen, Denmark. Nicole W. was also abroad in Copenhagen in the Fall, so the two did a little switch up. She does a bit of everything, from overseeing meetings to logistics to contributing to the social media team. Nicole is a junior Communications major specializing in Ad/PR and minoring in marketing. She’s so excited to return to the chapter this semester!

I’m Maria D’Agostino, and I am new the Editor in Chief! I’m taking over from last semester’s EIC Rory Durso, who is currently studying abroad in Ireland. I am a senior Communications major double specializing in Journalism & Digital Media. I will be leading the writing team in the publishing of articles, creating the post schedule, proofreading, and acting as the main point of contact for the team to the rest of our executive board. I’ve been in Loyola’s Her Campus chapter on the writing team since it began in the Fall of 2020. Moving up to this position felt like a very natural progression for me, and I’m so excited to enrich this team of writers who provide such wonderful insight to the Loyola community.

Returning to the executive board is Lieschen Walz, our Social Media Director, and Marie Bosslett, our Events Manager! Lieschen is a junior Communications major specializing in Ad/PR and minoring in Film Studies. Marie is also a Communications major specializing in Ad/PR and minoring in Marketing and Writing.

We are so looking forward to creating exciting new content for you this spring, and we hope you all enjoy!

HCXO,

Maria 🥳

Maria D'Agostino is a graduate of Loyola University Maryland with a Bachelor of Arts in Communications and a double specialization in Journalism and Digital Media. She served as the Editor in Chief of Loyola's Chapter in 2023.