5 Online Study Resources for Finals (because they’re almost here!)

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

Thanksgiving hasn’t happened yet, but it’s never too early to start studying for finals. Since this year’s classes were taught online, it only makes sense to study online, too!  

With that being said, here are a few free resources that I like to use when I study for my own finals.  

Zoom Recordings

If your professor records Zoom lectures, they are a great resource as you study for finals. Re-watching Zoom lectures is a quick way to add to your notes as you review for your final exams, and they’re also a good way to re-learn content if you forgot what happened earlier in the semester.   

Quizlet

Quizlet isn’t completely free anymore, but there’s still a lot you can get out of it. Personally, I like using the flashcards section because I find it easier to create flashcards online than on paper. Plus, creating flashcards for humanities courses allows me to review important vocabulary. I also use them for my science courses when I have to memorize a lot of anatomy terms or formulas! 

Evernote

I like using the Evernote platform all year to take notes because the notes you take on Evernote can be synced not only to your computer but your tablet and phone as well. I really like how Evernote has a lot of organizational tools, and it’s easy to keep information in order.

Marinara Timer

When I don’t feel like doing any work at all, this app comes in handy. The Marinara app allows you to customize your own personal timer so that you can study for reasonable amounts of time and take breaks afterward. It doesn’t sound that helpful, but it actually helps a lot!

Schooltraq

There are a lot of platforms like Schooltraq, and I don’t use Schooltraq very often, but it’s nice to have a backup version of my paper calendar in case anything ever happens to it. I like how Schooltraq lets you color code assignments and really plan your tasks out hour by hour.

Obviously, there are a ton of other resources out there, but these are some of the ones that I use the most frequently no matter what the semester looks like. I haven’t taken my first online final yet, although I’m excited to see if these tools will be effective for them, too. And of course, I can’t end an article about studying for finals without saying this, so, good luck! 

Peyton Skeels is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying Economics with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She is an RA, member of Omicron Delta Kappa leadership honor society, and currently serves as a co-Campus Correspondent and the Editor-in-Chief for HC at LUM. When not studying, you'll find her gazing through her camera lens, listening to a podcast, or working on her blog, Patience and Pajamas.