5 Gifts for the Music Lover in Your Life

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

I don’t know about you, but the second Halloween ends, I am in full holiday mode. That means that I start thinking early about what I want to ask for Christmas, but more importantly, what I’m getting for other people. Gifts are the perfect way to show the people you care about how much you appreciate them and how well you know them. These gifts are perfect for that person who’s always got their headphones on and has the best song recommendations.

Music streaming service subscription

It’s likely that your friend already has a subscription to stream music on the app of their choice, most likely Spotify or Apple Music. But there are plenty of other ways to treat your friends to other music subscription services. If your friend likes making their own music, consider a subscription to Bandcamp or SoundCloud. This way, they can support other independent artists, while putting their own music out there. For a safe option, you can also treat them to a month or two of the service they already have. To add a personal touch, include a playlist of songs you think they’d like or songs that represent your friendship. 

AirPods case

This can apply to other devices that require a case, but I’ve found cases for AirPods to be the most affordable. They’re cute, customizable, and can prevent AirPods from getting damaged. There are some standard silicone cases on Amazon that are simple but add a pop of color. If you’re looking to elevate it, I highly recommend these patterned cases from Rifle Paper Co. There are plenty of patterns available that vary from time to time. It adds a personal touch that helps ensure you’ll never lose them!

Records

If your friend is a big music fan, chances are they already have a record player and are always looking for new records. A good tip for records is getting some albums that were just nominated for Grammy Awards in their favorite genre. For example, if your friend is a big alternative fan, you can get them Lana Del Rey’s Did You Know There’s a Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd or boygenius’s the record. Though there are websites where you can purchase records, your best bet is local record stores or eBay if you’re looking for more obscure artists.

Waterproof speaker

Though most phones are waterproof these days, the average phone speaker doesn’t compare to an actual waterproof speaker for your best concerts in the shower. You can find several colors, styles, and brands on Amazon, or check out speaker brands like Bose or JBL

Merchandise from their favorite artist

Your friend probably can build an entire outfit from the merch they have from their favorite artist. But honestly, clothing directly from the artist’s merch store can be crazy expensive. Sites like Etsy and Redbubble are perfect for finding a creative merch design for any artist at a much more affordable price point. 

I hope these ideas give you inspiration for the music lover in your life and don’t break the bank too much!

Rory is a senior Writing major/Journalism minor at Loyola University Maryland from Glenside, PA. In her spare time, Rory enjoys reading, watching sports, and spending time with her family and friends.