5 Essentials You Need in Your Backpack

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

As college students, your time is overflowing with deadlines, sports, clubs, classes, hangouts and so much more. As you find yourself occupied with your responsibilities, it is hard to keep track of your belongings. In this article, you will find five important must-haves for your backpack in order for you to be set and ready to walk out the door!

Sanitizer 

With classes consisting of 20 students to over a hundred, hand-sanitizer is a perfect item for your backpack as the cold is bound to find you. Small enough to fit in your backpack’s small pockets, hand sanitizer is an important item during flu season.  

Hair Products 

Never knowing the unexpected winds or simply having a bad hair day, having extra hair ties and bobby pins are a necessity. Easy to learn and easy to use, hair ties and bobby pins are your hair’s hero to your flyaways.   

Charger  

Staying on track with your priorities or having a little free time, your electronics are in constant use. By scrolling through your social media or emailing your professors, your electronics’ battery is constantly diminishing. By having your charger in your backpack, you are able to charge anywhere without having to ask someone for theirs.  

Gum 

Sitting through and trying to obtain information from your not-so-favorite class can become challenging. By having a pack of gum on you, take a piece! Your focus will sharpen, and time will pass quicker.   

Feminine Products 

By packing your feminine products into your backpack, you are ready to take action when the time comes. You will be able to take care of yourself right away instead of going to your car or to a friend and potentially bleeding through. 

Despite your busy schedules, having your backpack ready with your essentials is a must. These are items that need to be in your backpacks in case of flu season, a windy day, a busy day on campus or your unexpected period.  

Hello everyone, my name is Veronica, and I am a student at Loyola University Maryland. I am currently majoring in Political Science but plan to double major in Political Science and Writing and minor in Music Performance. I enjoy writing short stories and poems on my own and have been eager to join an organization that offers the opportunity of publishing literary work.