This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

Everyone knows that feeling when books just hit you harder than ever expected, and has you all in your feels. These books are certain to do that for you.  

1. Things You Save in a Fire by Katherine Center 

Things You Save in a Fire tells the story of Cassie, a female firefighter, moving from Boston to Texas to take care of her estranged mother. Cassie transfers to a new fire station in Boston, one that has never had a female firefighter before. Cassie deals with the misogyny, reconnecting with her mother after ten years; and she even finds a little romance, even though her previous captain warned to avoid falling in love with another firefighter at all costs. Things You Save in a Fire is the perfect mix of emotion, strength, romance, forgiveness, and everything you could desire in a book.  

1. After I Do by Taylor Jenkins Reid 

After I Do follows Lauren over the span of a year, when she and her husband decide to take a break from their marriage. You get to see the pain and progress that Lauren goes through during that year, and it feels like you’re living her life with her. This book is so bingeable, and impossible to put down. Not matter what your relationship status is, you will feel for Lauren and love this book. You will love her, hate her, be sad for her, and want to give her a hug, all within the 300 pages of the book.  

1. If You Ask Me by Libby Hubscher 

If You Ask Me is about Violet, a middle-aged advice columnist dealing with the aftermath of finding her husband cheating on her. One night she decided to burn her ex-husband’s items to purge them from her life, the fire department shows up to shut it down. During this visit, Libby meets Dez, a firefighter who changes everything for her. If You Ask Me tells the story of Violet going through her separation and building her life back up, especially her confidence. 

1. Love and Other Words by Christina Lauren 

Love and Other Words is a dual timeline story, following Macy and Elliot when they were teenagers, as well as several years into the future. But they haven’t spoken to each other since senior year of high school. This book is a beautiful coming of age romance, intertwined with the suspense of a broken romance. Christina Lauren will keep you enthralled, while also wondering… what happened to cause Macy and Elliot to not talk for all those years? 

1. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo by Taylor Jenkins Reid 

The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo is a book perfect for any lover of celebrity romance. Evelyn Hugo is one of the most famous movie stars of all time, but most famously known for her seven marriages. Evelyn reaches out to fresh-faced journalist, Monique Grant, to help her tell all and put it into a memoir for the public. Learn the insides of Evelyn’s life while dealing with sexism, finding yourself, staying true to yourself, romance, and so much more. The Seven Husbands of Evelyn Hugo definitely has something for everyone, and you are destined to fall in love with the book.  

Elizabeth Gilmore is a senior at Loyola University of Maryland. She is from Mount Airy, Maryland. She is a Political Science Major and History Minor. In her free time she enjoys reading, listening to music, and watching TV.