This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUM chapter.

I don’t know about you guys, but I love when springtime comes around and the weather starts to get a little bit warmer. During the few warm days we’ve had this semester, I’ve loved being able to sit on the quad to do homework and hang out with friends. And now that it’s officially Spring, I’m sure we will have more warm weather days.  

But sometimes Spring comes with a lot of rain and bad weather that makes me want to stay inside all day. We’re also in the second half of the semester and busier than ever. I know I sure am. 

But when the weather is bad and I have a little bit of time in my schedule, enough for a quick 20-minute episode, these are the shows I turn to. 

New Girl

If you haven’t watched New Girl yet, now is the time. This show follows four friends living in a loft together as they navigate life in their 30s. The show is extremely funny and very character-driven, which makes you immediately fall in love with the characters as they go through life. My favorite part of the show is how the dynamics between characters are constantly changing, which means the show never gets boring, even throughout seven seasons. This is genuinely one of the funniest TV shows on Netflix right now, and if you’ve already seen it, this is your sign to watch it again. 

Schitt’s Creek

When the filthy-rich Rose family gets screwed over and loses everything, Johnny, Moira, David, and Alexis are forced to uproot their high society lives and move to Schitt’s Creek, a town Johnny purchased as a joke for his son David. Seeing the Roses, who are wildly out of touch with reality, interact with the eccentric citizens of Schitt’s Creek is absolutely hilarious. The show also has a very big heart and has made me cry many times. Again, seeing how the relationships between the different characters change and develop over six seasons is so interesting, seeing how the Roses all have such strong, distinct personalities. The show won nine Emmys for its final season, which should be a good enough reason to watch this show. 

Parks and Recreation

If I had to choose my ultimate comfort show, I think it would have to be this one. For those who haven’t watched this beloved sitcom, Parks and Rec follows the employees of the Parks and Recreation department of the fictional town of Pawnee, Indiana. This show often gets compared to The Office a lot, given that one of the co-creators of The Office created Parks and Rec, but in my opinion, Parks and Rec is better. The characters are all incredibly hilarious in their own right, but watching their conflicting personalities together, like constantly cheerful Leslie and I-hate-everything Ron, makes for great TV that always holds up. The show also has some hilarious guest star performances such as Paul Rudd and Patton Oswald. Once again, if you’ve already seen this show, this is your sign to watch it again. 

I hope that your Spring is as stress-free as possible and filled with warm and sunny days! However, if things ever get bad, I highly recommend these shows with short episodes to get you out of a funk, or just to cheer you up. 

Rory is a senior Writing major/Journalism minor at Loyola University Maryland from Glenside, PA. In her spare time, Rory enjoys reading, watching sports, and spending time with her family and friends.
Peyton Skeels is a senior at Loyola University Maryland studying Economics with a minor in Entrepreneurship. She is an RA, member of Omicron Delta Kappa leadership honor society, and currently serves as a co-Campus Correspondent and the Editor-in-Chief for HC at LUM. When not studying, you'll find her gazing through her camera lens, listening to a podcast, or working on her blog, Patience and Pajamas.