This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Astrology. Star sign. Zodiac. It goes by many names, but this ancient form of star-reading has provided people with a deeper look into their psyche. Major online publications also use it to pair someone with another subject/object/person that shares some of the same qualities (see: What Kind of Bread are you Based on Your Zodiac Sign).

And this publication is no different. Let’s check out what horror antagonist shares your star sign, shall we?

(Disclaimer: this article is purely for fun, no zodiac in particular is crazier than the next.)

Aries – Freddy Krueger

Aries are often described as being “relentlessly determined,” and if that doesn’t describe this creepy dream crawler, then I don’t know what else does.

Taurus – Patrick Bateman

Above all, the textbook Taurus beholds love, beauty and money. Funny enough, so does Patrick Bateman from American Psycho. Huh. Look at that. This seemingly flawless individual fundamentally runs on perfection at all costs, whatever that may be. 

Gemini – Joe from You

Do I even need to say anything? Not only is Joe Goldberg a textbook Gemini, the character’s canonical sign really is Gemini (according to Wikipedia). He’s a sensitive, goofy lover one day, and a crazed killer the next. Classic.

Cancer – Leatherface​

Also known as Ed Gein. Anyone who is familiar with the story behind this horror movie knows exactly where I’m going with this. Cancer’s are sensitive to their environments, and extremely self-protective. I recommend listening to this episode of Cult Liter to better understand this fit.

Leo – Negan from The Walking Dead

Ah yes, yes, yes. Negan is almost too Leo for his own good. His exuberance, stress on loyalty, and self-confidence are what aligns him with this star sign (in addition to his absolute insanity of course).

Virgo – Dr. Hannibal Lecter

This may be the best match on this whole list. Hannibal Lecter is a doctor-turned-cannibal, who exemplifies the logical, practical and systematic approach that Virgo’s utilize in their daily lives. Plus, we all know that Virgos are deliverers of chaos.

Libra – Jigsaw

Libras value justice overall, and what twisted villain takes the concept of ‘justice’ into his hands more than Jigsaw? Both the man and creepy ventriloquist doll think that they are bringing balance to the world by ridding itself of the less-thankful, which can also speak to a Libra’s desire to take control of situations (as a Libra myself, I can confirm.)

Scorpio – Cthulhu

Cthulhu. Also known H.P Lovecraft’s quintessential monster that will one day come to end the entire world. A.K.A Scorpios. If you’re looking for a good read, I strongly recommend reading Lovecraft’s renowned Call of Cthulhu manuscript (which has garnered a huge following, may I add).

Sagittarius – It Follows Monster

Talk about restless and persistent. The entity from It Follows stalked the main characters unceasingly, and for those of you that have seen the movie, it may still be following them. That same dedication to a cause is very indicative of a textbook Sagittarius, even if we don’t actually know what the thing looks like. 

Capricorn – Black Phillip from The VVitch

Because goats, right? But also because of their ability to coerce and convince groups of people — for good and for bad. Proceed with extreme caution, you may just end up joining a cult or buying those extra pair of shoes.

Aquarius – Bruce the Shark from Jaws

I may have deviated a bit but hear me out: Aquarius are self-reliant, stoic and ambitious. Who helped Bruce get a bite to eat? No one. He exemplified ambition by swimming right up to that beach and eating those swimmers, just like a true Aquarius.  

Pisces – The Joker

Pisces are known as being sensitive, vague and often escapists. It just so happens that The Joker’s canonical sign is Pisces, and this painted clown fits the definition to a T — i.e. sensitive to their environment and extreme fans of the fanatical. 

Her Campus LUC CC Diana is a senior at Loyola University Chicago pursuing a bachelors degree in Creative Advertising, with a minor in Visual Communication. As a self-proclaimed horror novel enthusiast, avid drinker of intricate coffees, and pseudo art aficionado, Diana hopes to share her wide array of passions with the HERCampus readers.