This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

When it comes to exfoliators, there are plenty of viral horror stories going around. Like the classic apricot face scrub from St. Ives that turned out to be causing micro-tears on our faces. And research suggests that exfoliation should really only be happening a few times a week

But you can rest easy with the new Mary Kay Naturally Exfoliating Powder, which will leave your skin soft, rejuvenated and ready for whatever harsh conditions winter is going to throw at you and your face! 

It’s different from other exfoliating scrubs in that there’s no harsh “cleansing beads” to rub and tear against your skin. Instead, the formula uses citric acid, which makes it as effective as other exfoliators on the market while creating a gentler product. You just shake some of this powder out onto your palm, mix with a little bit of warm water, and you’ve got a powerful cleanser, ready to scrub away dirt and grime without stripping your face.  

And, like all of Mary Kay’s Naturally products, it’s free of parabens, alcohol, silicone and synthetic fragrances and dyes. Perhaps best of all, all of the natural ingredients mean that your skin won’t be dried out, even with the scrubbing and the dryer weather outside. 

One of our team members, Amelia, tried the exfoliating powder out for herself for a few weeks, to see what all the hype was about: 

Try Mary Kay’s Exfoliating Powder out for yourself by purchasing it here.

Amelia’s Review:

I’ll be the first to admit that I don’t know all that much about skin care. However, I love to try new things, so I was really excited to try this exfoliating powder! I would say that I have fairly normal skin— I wouldn’t say that it’s particularly oily, but I get the regular stress or hormonal acne from time to time. 

However, my biggest skin struggle is how dry it can get in my T-zone, which is the area in between my eyebrows and around my nose. This area gets especially dry as it gets colder, so I decided to add the Mary Kay exfoliating powder to my nighttime routine this month to see if I could solve this problem. 

The powder is pretty easy to use, although it took a little bit of trial and error to find the perfect combination of powder and warm water to make the best mix. But after a few days, I think I’ve got it down. I’ve used this powder every other night for the past two weeks and I’ve started to see a pretty noticeable difference. 

Before using the powder, the skin in between my eyebrows was especially dry and flaky. After a few uses, I noticed that the dry skin in this area is gone! I’m thrilled I’ve found a product that could solve the biggest problem with my skin.

I’ve tried many exfoliating face washes, but it’s safe to say that exfoliating powder is the way to go. Most can leave your skin feeling sticky with residue or completely raw, but the Mary Kay powder is gentle enough to keep your skin feeling fresh and clean, yet tough enough to get the job done. 

This product left my skin feeling soft and smooth after each use and definitely helped clear up my dry patches. The packaging recommends pairing the powder with the Mary Kay nourishing oil, but if you can’t get your hands on some, I would recommend pairing it with a light daily moisturizer. 

Overall, I would 100% recommend trying this product because it effectively exfoliates your skin without leaving it feeling stripped of anything. I’ll definitely be keeping it as a part of my winter nighttime routine!

If you want to grab your own bottle of Mary Kay’s Naturally Exfoliating Powder, you can find it here for $34. And don’t forget to check out all of the other products in MK’s Naturally skincare line!

Amelia Ickes is a junior at Loyola University Chicago and Boston native. She is studying Multimedia Journalism with minors in political science and sport management.
HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers.