This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

You’ve probably heard of the brand Burt’s Bees before (bear with me, this one’s going to have a lot of alliteration). I grew up using their products, since my mom has been an avid user of the brand for the past 21 years.

“I got introduced to them [BB] by my older sister when you were a newborn,” my mom told me.  “Back when you could only find their products at co-ops and stores like Vitamin Cottage and Whole Foods. It’s wonderful to see it on more shelves now.”

Since you can now find Burt’s Bees in many big, popular stores like Target, there’s no excuse not to check out all of their products. They’ve got all your beauty and skincare needs, from facial serums, moisturizers, scrubs and masks, to makeup, hair care, and toothpaste.

The best feature, though? They only use natural ingredients, and as my mom says, “all their products smell good – not from fake fragrances, but from real stuff.” As a healthcare professional, my mom recognizes them as a brand that focuses on selling products that are healthy and safe to use––they don’t include any toxic chemicals or unnecessary preservatives that can harm your body.

That’s why their products are safe to use with babies, and even dogs. That’s right, as if you needed another reason to sink all of your money into Burt’s Bees, they also have a line of products specifically for man’s best friend. Look no further for pet shampoo, eye solution, and grooming supplies.

On to the next reason to buy Burt’s Bees, and perhaps the biggest one. The company was founded with the aim to create “Earth-friendly, natural personal care” as their website states, maintaining their slogan “True to Nature.” As you might guess, a brand that strives to be Earth-friendly demands strong corporate social responsibility. To keep up with these standards, Burt’s Bees prides themselves on their transparency, proudly claiming to be “secret free since 1984,” as well as maintaining responsible sourcing, sustainable packaging, and philanthropy efforts.

“They’re big advocates for the environment, specifically the bee population,” my mom told me. “I think it’s very admirable that they try to give back to that cause.” That’s right, save the bees!

So, what’s not to love? “They’re really a no nonsense company, the ingredients are natural and your body can handle it without getting polluted or messing up its natural chemistry.”

Hannah is a senior at Loyola University Chicago studying creative advertising and photography. She grew up in the Rocky Mountains near Vail, Colorado. Being surrounded by some of the most beautiful landscapes in the world is what inspired her to start taking up photography as a hobby. She tries to live by the quote "take nothing but pictures, leave nothing but footprints, kill nothing but time." Find her on instagram @h.rose1030!
I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.