Style

Unique Ways to Tattoo Your Gratitude For Someone

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Thanksgiving: a time for reflection and gratitude. As the season of gratitude approaches, you may be inspired to etch your love for someone onto your skin. Well, we’re here with a list of unique and cute tattoo ideas that are guaranteed to make your special someone feel every ounce of your appreciation. 

A picture of the moon from the day they were born 

There are plenty of websites, like moonglow.com, that can track what the moon looked like when someone was born. From astrology to the interest in moon journaling, the phases of the moon have picked up considerable attention in pop culture. It’s a beautiful and unique symbol to the beginning of a personal journey, but also a design that can be as elaborate or minimalistic as you want!

Their constellation

If we’re going to talk about moon cycles we have to talk about constellations as well! Whether you’re into astrology or not, a tattoo depicting someone’s personal star alignment is about as sweet as it gets. It’s dainty, it’s meaningful and it’s a perfect reminder that no matter how far away two people are, they’re still looking up at the same sky. 

Their birth flower 

Just like a birthstone, a person’s birth flower is a gorgeous, yet subtle, showing of affection. But unlike a birthstone, tattoos of flowers can be either outlines or colored in, allowing for plenty of artistic freedom and personal preference! Check out what your person’s flower is through websites like Flower Shop Network

Longitude and latitude coordinates from the place you met 

First meetings – whether they’re particularly memorable or not – are a wild mixture of circumstance, time and place. You never know when the person who’s going to change your life will appear, so remember the place where it all happened forever. The website  latlong.net is here to help you transform exact places into tattooable lines.

Gratitude spiral 

The universal marker for gratitude is a unique spiral symbol. It’s meant to represent infinite loops and lasting appreciation. Make it that much more special by putting someone’s initials into the middle of the spiral, to show how they’ve forever left an impression on you and your life. Your gratitude lives on, just like your love for them.

What better way to show a person you care than with a gorgeous piece of art? Don’t be afraid to make something as long-lasting as your love a beautiful reminder for all to see!

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers.