This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Dickinson’s Witch Hazel Pore Perfecting Toner: a long name for a product that has revolutionized my skincare routine. It’s been a year since I first heard about this toner and I’ve used it nearly every morning and evening since then. And at $8 for a 16-oz. bottle, there’s really no reason not to give it a try! 

Snag yourself a bottle at either Amazon or Target

The Effects 

I have a normal skin type, but I tend to get reddening and acne around my chin. It was a problem I developed upon moving to college and has been an ongoing battle in the years since. It seemed as though nothing I tried would give me any lasting results. So, as a last-ditch effort, I ordered Dickinson’s after reading rave reviews on the Amazon page. 

The results far surpassed what I ever could have expected. 

In the months since I started using Dickinson’s Witch Hazel, my skin has become notably clearer and smoother. I’ve also had multiple people comment on how healthy and revitalized my face has looked since I incorporated the toner into my skincare routine. For such a cheap product that takes seconds to apply, I never imagined that it would work so well. 

I first started seeing results about two weeks after daily applications of the product, but I felt cleaner and clearer immediately after my first use. It helps me start my day feeling fresh and end each night soothed.

The Use

To apply, I simply squirt some toner onto a (reusable) face pad and wipe all over my face. I don’t ever feel the need to swipe over the same spot more than once, since the coverage always feels complete. The whole thing takes ten seconds and even if I’m running late and have to cut out every other part of my morning skincare, there’s always time to put on toner. 

The bottle also lasts for an extremely long time. Even with twice-daily uses, I tend to make a 16-oz. bottle last for several months. But with a product as cheap as this one, it’s just stretching a dollar that was already extended! We simply love to hear it.

The Varieties 

Personally, I used several bottles of the original toner before recently switching to the rosewater infused kind. Dickinson’s currently has four available types of toners: the original (purifying), rosewater (smoother complexion), caffeine (shine free skin) and eucalyptus (clear skin). 

And if you just can’t get enough, Dickinson’s also has several other skincare products to experiment with including facial mists, exfoliators, cleansing cloths, and de-puffing eye gels!

HCLUC Co-CC Shelby is an LUC senior studying multimedia journalism, cultural anthropology, political science and Asian studies. Although she grew up in South Dakota, she has found homes in Chicago, Morocco, and Vietnam. She strives to continue traveling the world to seek out human triumphs and trials by telling stories through a fresh, unbiased viewpoint. When she's not studying or working, Shelby is a devoted fan of sunsets, strawberry smoothies, and Seth Meyers.