Students of Loyola: Rosie Choi

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Students of Loyola: a take on the very exciting, emotional, and raw, “Humans of New York.” We want to capture the students at Loyola in a way that has not been done before. We want people’s joy and struggles to be out there, without forcing anything too much.

Meet Rosie Choi:

Why did you decide to join a cultural sorority? How has your experience been so far?

“I decided to join a cultural sorority because my culture (the food I eat, the language I speak, and the traditions I uphold within my family) plays a tremendous role in who I am today. So, sophomore year of college, when I was looking for a community to be a part of, with a goal of wanting to be a part of something bigger than me as an individual, the idea of joining a sorority stood out to me the most, as opposed to a cultural student organization. To find a group of women who share similar experiences as a minority group, and at the same time, uphold the same values and cherish their culture and background as much as I do, was a gold-striking feeling. My experience of being a member of Delta Phi Lambda has been nothing short of incredible. My sisters have become my family on campus, and an incredible support system that I could not imagine being without today. They motivate me to strive to be the best student in the classroom and also be the best version of myself as a member of society. My biggest regret is not joining one sooner; I’ve finally found my home on campus.”

Jacky is a senior at Loyola University Chicago. Although she is a Molecular/Cellular Neuroscience major and hopes to work as a psychiatrist in the future, she loves to write, draw and paint in her free time. This year, she is the treasurer and an editor for the HerCampus LUC chapter. 
I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.