Students of Loyola: Radiance Cooper

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Students of Loyola: a take on the very exciting, emotional, and raw, “Humans of New York.” We want to capture the students at Loyola in a way that has not been done before. We want people’s joy and struggles to be out there, without forcing anything too much.

Meet Radiance Cooper.

(Radiance is pictured in the middle wearing a pink off the shoulder top)

What is something you live by and why?

“Something that I recently started applying to my life is a quote by tracee Ellis Ross that goes, “I’m learning everyday to allow the space between where I am and where I want to be to inspire me and not terrify me.” I am a LUCES (Loyola University Chicago Empowering Sisterhood) scholar this year for LUCES which is a space for women of color on Loyola’s campus and I’m in a position to mentor and lead those in the space while they explore different topics relating to their identity. It’s a position that I’ve wanted to hold since my first year because LUCES means so much to me but it’s also very different from other roles I’ve had before and requires me to step out of my comfort zone at times which can be difficult since I’m an introvert. It’s all very exciting, yet scary at the same time because there’s so much I want to do in this role and I want to bring the best version of myself to the space and I’m afraid of letting myself and others down. This quote reminds me to lean into my discomfort rather than run away from it and also to give myself grace as I’m going through this journey of growth and becoming the person I’m meant to be.”

I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.