Students of Loyola: Kasia Ciesielska

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Students of Loyola: a take on the very exciting, emotional, and raw Humans Of New York. I want to capture the students at Loyola in a way that has not been done before. I want people’s joy and struggles to be out there, without forcing anything too much.

Meet Kasia Ciesielska:

What’s been the happiest moment of your life?

“I’ve honestly been so blessed to have so many happy moments in my life! It’s impossible to pick one, because there are just so many. One of my most recent ones happened about 4 weeks ago, when my dance group and I decided to hike the Salkantay 4-Day Trek to Machu Picchu. I usually go hiking every year, but this was something else. The second day was the hardest. Some of the guys and my friend and I decided to hike the Salkantay Pass through the Inca Challenge and the rest of the girls and a couple of guys ended up taking donkeys through the pass. Even though this was one of the hardest things I had to do, reaching the top was so unbelievably satisfying. I felt so euphoric when I got there. I guess there’s just something special about reaching a goal that requires drowning in your own sweat.”

Always choose love
I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.