Students of Loyola: Irene Leplae

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Students of Loyola: a take on the very exciting, emotional, and raw, “Humans of New York.” We want to capture the students at Loyola in a way that has not been done before. We want people’s joy and struggles to be out there, without forcing anything too much.

Meet Irene Leplae:

What is your favorite thanksgiving memory?

My favorite Thanksgiving memory would have to be my family and I coming all together and sharing a meal. What makes this so memorable is that I come from a multicultural background so there are so many different ethnic meals that people bring to share. After eating, we always take a nice long walk to the beach. I look forward to it every year because it is a tradition that we’ve had forever. It makes me remember all of the family members who are here in my life. Also, it reminds me of the ones who aren’t with us anymore and how thankful I am to share this memory with them.

I am a fourth year student at Loyola University Chicago. I am highly interested in journalism, and social media marketing, especially when it comes to news and fashion. My current experiences consist of sales in different companies throughout the Midwest, such as Ann Taylor and Kate Spade, and editorial work with various companies, including Her Campus and Orange Coast magazine.