Springtime Fun in Chicago

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

After one of the harshest winters Chicago has seen in a long time, there is a light, albeit very bleak, but a light nevertheless at the end of this (wind) tunnel.  Although the weather may not get warmer for a little while longer, that doesn’t mean we must remain cooped up this spring.

Here are 5 interesting food, drink and fashion related events to check out while anticipating the return of nicer weather:

Good Food Festival & Conference

Celebrating their 10th year on March 15th, this festival includes a long list of food vendors from various farms, restaurants and non-profits. There are also workshops, speakers and demonstrations sure to appeal to everyone’s taste.

The Nosh

The NOSH showcases some of Chicago’s finest food so visitors can try a variety of what local chefs and restaurants have to offer. As of February 13th, the NOSH opened their lunch market in Block Thirty Seven which is open every Thursday and Friday from 11am to 2pm.

Randolph Street Market Festival

This urban antique market features everything from furnishings to vintage jewelry and starts on the last weekend of March and is located in the West Loop.

Bacon Fest

Bacon Fest, which takes place on April 25th and 26th, is a festival filled with all things bacon—including cocktails. Bacon Fest is not only a delicious event, but it also benefits a good cause with all proceeds going to charity.

Chicago Beer Festival

Chicago Beer Festival takes place on March 22 at Union Station. Visitors can purchase tickets to sample dozens of breweries spring seasonal beers.