Spring is Springing

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

SPRING IS SPRINGING, PEOPLE! Although almost everyone has shut me down when I say that, I refuse to believe we are going any deeper into the cold, sad, depths of winter. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel. There is a lot more that comes along with spring than just the warm weather and humid rain showers. It is a new beginning where the trees and flowers come back to life, people are hammocking in the quad, “darty” season takes off, and it is simply a happier time than winter. But since people are thinking it is too soon to start spreading spring cheer, I’m doing it anyway.

Here are some of our fellow Rambler’s favorite parts of spring:

“I really like how pretty everything starts to become during spring as everything starts to bloom, I also love the how the birds come back so you wake up to chirping, and the bunnies come back to campus!! It’s also nice to have warmer weather so I can put my parka in storage and show some leg lol.” -Lauren Augustavo, Sophomore

“My favorite thing about spring would definitely be the positivity. The beginning of the year is like a fresh start and everyone wants to have a more positive attitude leading into the spring season. Also, I love the fashion.” -Karina Arias, Sophomore

“My favorite thing about the spring season is that the weather is starting to getting warmer which is great for exploring the city.  Also the flowers are blooming which is so beautiful!” -Alexia Palmeri, Sophomore

“The weather getting warmer and knowing that summer is coming!!” -Karin Naragon, Sophomore

“I love everything about the spring, except for my lack of motivation for school since that means summer’s almost here, but the smell of the fresh rain with all of the plants budding just makes me so happy.” -Grace Devick, Sophomore

“My favorite thing about spring is the trees finally start to get their leaves back, but the best part of spring is you know summer is close.” -Catherine Mead-Smith, Sophomore

Here are some pretty pictures of Chicago in spring to get you excited— you’re welcome.

Well there it is, some people who are just as excited for the spring season as I am! Get excited everyone, spring is springing!

9f018adfc3c47994b5aa44cb5a28af55–spring-has-sprung-april-showers.jpg

Chicago-Spring-2-600×400.jpg

Chicago-architecture-tour-image-1200×800.jpg

Shutterstock_419035912.jpg

Annie Kate Raglow is a fourth-year honors student at Loyola University Chicago. She is a journalism major with a music minor, and she enjoys her role as contributor for the LUC chapter of Her Campus. Annie was Campus Correspondent when the chapter re-launched at LUC. She has a passion for traveling and meeting new people, as well as advocating for social issues. Career goals (as of right now) include opportunities in investigative or documentary journalism. Music is a huge part of Annie's life, and one of her favorite pastimes is performing at local Chicago "open mic" nights. She also loves finding independent coffee shops! Annie is ambitious in pursuit of her journalism and music skills, and loves everything that Her Campus has to offer.