Spring Fashion in Chicago’s Winter

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

Loyola collegiettes finally have reached spring break. Unfortunately, it seems Chicago or “Chiberia” did not get the message as it has snowed EVERY SINGLE DAY since the start of “spring” break. Nevertheless, spring will come eventually, so here are the upcoming fashion trends that collegiettes also can rock during this never-ending winter.

1. Pastels- As always, pastels reappear in spring 2014 must-haves. Without having to wear actual floral prints, collegiettes can allude to the romantic, flowery feel of spring by wearing soft, pretty shades of pink, blue, green, purple, and so on. After wearing dark colors all winter, it’s nice to spruce up the wardrobe with a few pastel pieces.

2. Wide-leg Trousers- Wide-leg pants are a great way to dress up without feeling uncomfortable. These can make a great staple in a collegiette’s closet as they can work for job interviews or fun Saturday downtown. Pair with a blouse and heels for a more professional look or with a crop top and flats for a more casual one. 

3. Full Skirts- Embrace the flirty feeling of spring with tea-length skirts. Bring this classic look up to date with a cute crop top or crop sweater. Still too cold out to wear a skirt (it is Chicago, after all)? Tights and boots will look great with this style skirt before it’s warm enough to wear comfortable flats or wedges with it. 

4. Sweaters- It may be cold in Chicago, but that doesn’t mean collegiettes have to sacrifice style. Embellished, knit, and luxe sweaters can warm up any outfit while keeping on trend with spring 2014. Sweaters with sparkly or jeweled embellishments elevate the sophistication of a sweater, while knit sweaters, plain or with a print, can make an outfit more casual and cozier. With the comfortable fit of a “gym sweatshirt,” luxe sweaters can be comfortable while rocking bold prints and colors to add edginess to any outfit.