Recruitment Season is Upon Us

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at LUC chapter.

My bid day (circa Fall 2013)

It’s that time of year again folks! The time where Greek letters embody the shirts of sorority women, the entire campus is filled with a newfound energy, and excitement mixed with some nervous emotions stream the face of about 400 or so incoming Potential New Members (PNMs).  

While those who are non-Greek affiliated might not understand, this weekend is the start and a continuation of something special for all of us sorority women. It’s carrying on a tradition of sisterhood, ritual, and love. It’s finding women who have similar goals, dreams, and a mindset like your own. It’s talking to a woman you can see as your potential friend, sister, and even future bridesmaid.

I remember my own recruitment as if it were yesterday. It was some of the most intense days of my life, but it was also some of the best. I met women who have helped strengthened me, helped me grow, and opened up so many doors for me and my future. I can only wish the best and same experience for all of those going through this amazing process. 

So good luck this weekend, ladies!

For those recruiting new members of their prospective chapters: Be yourself. You’re going to find PNMs that you absolutely love. You’ll develop many recruitment crushes, have various moments of great (maybe even life changing) conversation, and you will represent your sorority extremely well.

For potential new members: It’s okay to be nervous and it’s also okay to admit that you are. Remember that every woman you talk to during recruitment went through the same process. You will find a home and a group of women who you want nothing more to do than run up to on bid day.

Happy Recruitment :) 

Samantha (Sammi) Saliba is currently a Junior at Loyola University Chicago studying Public Relations and Marketing. She is also the Co-President of Her Campus chapter at Loyola and is the blogger and brains behind ambitiouslifeofacitygirl.com! A member of Alpha Delta Pi Sorority, Vice President of Loyola's Communications Honors Society and intern at a couple of companies, she never fails to stay busy and ambitious. Samantha aspires to one day own her own fashion PR firm in California, start a non- profit for sex-trafficking victims and have 75 puppies.